Friday, September 27, 2024

Friday September 27, 2024 Foothills

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Friday September 27, 2024

Being here in the Foothills is such heaven to me, with the farms, ranches, animals, birds, the Rockies and the great people...  I need to seriously consider moving back to this area I love.....

Today we ventured to High River to the east to pick up mail and tour a small portion of the town, including an area where they film the series "Heartland".  Beautiful town....  I could live there easily...

We came back to feed the dog Dubhlainn who loves to play with me, and watched a cattle drive down our road with 3 dogs helping the cowboys keep order.

Then we went to Okotoks for an early supper.  We encountered another eagle on the way.  My second in 2 days!  Then I had to have my fish'n'chips fix while I had the chance.  The waitress knows my sister's family and said that I looked like my sister,... and my niece...

I must thank my lovely sister for all these road trips to whet my appetite for this area which is truly God's Country!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A beauty!

Rockies in the morning

Cute kid

High River beauty

Anybody watch "Heartland"?

Former High River train station, now a museum

In front of the museum

Right of the museum

Front of the museum

Mural about former RCAF base there

Road to the Rockies

Getting closer...

Alberta cattle drive

With the dogs to herd the cattle

Dog came to visit

Filling the road below

Spooked an eagle

What a gorgeous bird!

My lovely hostess, my sister

Gotta have my fish'n'chips...

King Ranches where I worked circa 1973

Hmmm, works for me!

On Clay Tyson's land (Ian+Sylvia's son)

A view I can never tire of......