Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunday September 8, 2024 Fun In The Sun

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday September 8, 2024

Thursday, I had to put up with scammers wanting to steal my camera equipment.  They sure are a despicable bunch.

I ran to Dollarama to buy some "Canada" gear but the whole section was dismantled.  Grrrrr....

Friday, I made my own bug screen for the front of the radiator of the Regal.  A little protection goes a long way to avoiding repairs that can ruin a trip.

Saturday, at lunchtime, I went to a Barbeque being put on by our local (Liberal!) MP, Randy Boissonnault, driving one of his volunteers to the event.    I was first in line and the burger was good...  I left right after, and apparently missed some Palestinian protesters followed by a news crew....

My friend Tony came and parked in my spot while I parked on the street.  Then, with our friend Brenda, we caught the LRT to Commonwealth Stadium to partake in the tailgate party prior to the Labor Day rematch between the Calgary Stampeders and the Edmonton Elks.  They were already out of free beer, but we got a bowl of chili.

Then we waited in the air-conditioned hallway for the arrival of Lorraine (who I had driven to the BBQ) and we headed to our covered seating area.  Tony had not been to a football game in many years and he got right into it, while I chuckled.  My Stampeders (I have been a fan for 60 years!) have degenerated into a sad, disorganized, unmotivated team and they were soundly beaten by the Elks....  That team needs a royal enema soon....

We returned on the LRT but we were still edgy so I talked Tony into going to Hudson's for beer and nachos.  We had a good time,people-watching for a couple of hours.

Today, I am going to try Dollarama again....  September heat is staying for another couple of days....

Update:  Dollarama has put out scarves and mitts and gloves in that section, so no Canada stuff available...

Bob and I went on our Gios to see Leo and Braden play at Blues On Whyte at the Commercial.  I had one cranberry and 7up and came home to make salad for supper....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Today's updated......

Leo & Braden, Blues On Whyte

Appreciative crowd


Smokey haze today

     






The burgers were VERY good!


Sunflowers at Westmount Community






Nice gift

Commonwealth Stadium

Mounties

Edmonton brass band


Mascot

Edmonton's Grey Cup wins

Taken off the big screen

An Edmonton touchdown

Calgary Outriders cheerleaders

Calgary new quarterback Bonner

Edmonto injured quarterback Trey Ford

Sad ending for me...

Waiting for the LRT to return

Whyte Avenue pedallers

Yummy Hudson's nachos...