Thursday, September 26, 2024

Thursday September 26, 2024 Foothills

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Thursday September 26, 2024

 After a good sleep on the prairie west of High River we got up early and went near Aldersyde to an enormous arena which houses the equivalent of about 6 soccer fields to use the walking track on the second floor.  We met Leonie's daughter and latest delightful granddaughter and walked a mile before going for a large breakfast in Okotoks.

I am truly in heaven here in Southern Alberta in the foothills of the Rockies.   Harvest time is almost complete and the hay bales abound.  The leaves are changing and the air is so fresh.

We had an afternoon nap and went for another drive to the beauty of Hogg Park nearby and then the East Longview Hall to see the new mural honouring former neighbour, singer Ian Tyson.

From there, we continued to Longview itself and I hoped again to get what I consider my quintessential "Alberta" shot encompassing the Rockies, agriculture (cattle or horses), hay bales and pumpjacks representing the Oil business.  Sadly, I am still in the hunt.  Today wasn't the day...

However, we were fortunate to see an eagle, which I originally thought was a monster hawk because of the dark feathers.  A little further along we came along two bulls battling for supremacy.  And we saw a family of deer too.  I love this area!  I really should move here...

Another niece and two of her daughters popped by to say Hi.  Everyone is so busy with school and activities that it is almost impossible to plan a family get-together.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Rams in the yard

Loved this painting at the arena

Starting our walk

My niece and great-niece

What an absolute cutie!

The Rockies at the forizon

Two huge combines

Only rich farmers these days....

The biggest ram

Our view from the front door!

A very healthy-looking eagle!

A hawk in flight

The beauty down at Hogg Park

The Rockies are to the West

Love this fence ornament

A prairie bullfight

Tribute to Ian Tyson

A big mural


Mural on the west side

Mural on the east side

Near Longview



And they had a foal with them

Longview decoration

Love the swirls!