Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday April 5, 2017 Donation

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
WooHoo!!!!…..  You may again SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Wednesday April 5, 2017
Didn't get much of a good sleep after the dance etc.  My body was still supercharged with nerve voltage from all the exercise and I was dead tired, so much so that I cancelled Spanish class for today.  I even awoke with the barest of hangovers but a brisk walk with the girls soon cured that.
I also had an appointment shortly after lunch with the fellows who were coming to pick up the bed for my buddy Angel Alvarez.  Angel is the child I have sponsored for 2 years at Cetap Lucy school whose bed and clothes burnt up a couple of days ago in an electrical fire.  Their family is extremely poor, with an abandoned mother trying to make a life with 5 children.  Angel also has a stunted growth so the other kids pick on him a lot, but he has made great strides with his academics and we have supplied funds for some growth medicine.  He needs this bed more than I do...
The fellow that came to pick up the bed volunteers for Hogar Esperanza, a non-profit organization that helps poor families, especially those with Aids-related difficulties.  The fellow, whose name is Robin Nadeau (a possible shirt-tail relative) looked at me and asked where I'm from.  Small world, he was also from Okotoks!!!  The fellow Robin is volunteering for is another fellow Canadian, Garry Vatcher.  And the fellow that is the volunteer coordinator for the Cetap Lucy school is yet another Canadian, Eric Fraterman.  It is heartwarming to see my good-hearted fellow countrymen giving back to this country of Ecuador!
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
This is the bed donated for my little buddy Angel.

This is Angel pretending to ride Toxic last year.  He is a good kid.