Sunday, April 9, 2017

Sunday April 9, 2017 Motocross/Crash

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
WooHoo!!!!…..  You may again SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Sunday April 9, 2017
One of our weekly Thursday night Herederos riders is the lovely, quiet Cristina Benenaula whose family owns a motorcycle accessory shop on Gonzales Suarez, one block east of Huayna Capac.  I am still awaiting my new yellow helmet from there, hopefully next week.
The Benenaula family is very heavy into motocross racing with Cristina being an aggressive champion and her brother, Andres, being a world-class champion.  In my blog a couple of weeks ago I had a few pics of Andres in action.
Today was another set of races and I caught a race where Andres (#5) was trailing Nicolas Merchan (#21) by about 50 yards.  I started circling the field clockwise and caught the unthinkable, a crash by the leader Nicolas on one turn where he lost his balance and hit the perimeter, flying over an embankment, a road and luckily landing in a grassy area under some trees, probably a leap of 40 feet at least.  I kept wondering if that was the kind of sight that Gustavo had on my November 30 crash, lol.  After a few anxious moments, he was back up and on the bike and back in the race !!   
So Andres Benenaula won another race, but probably not the way he wanted to.
Anyway, I managed to get Cristina to introduce me to her brother and I showed him some of my shots.  Then we got their beautiful mother to take a few shots of the 3 of us.
I am sorry that I didn't hang around for Cristina's next race as I would have liked to have gotten some more action shots but I already had over 100 decent shots and everyone clamoring for the shots of the crash.  So, 6 hours later and I finally have the shots processed.
Now, another hour fighting to try to get the photos to upload in the numerical order I have set, but Google is just not allowing this, so I have to number all the photos...   Ugh...
I am only providing small shots today because these shots could be worth some money..  maybe..???  If anybody wants a larger version, contact me with an offer.... 
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
00a

00

01

05a

05

07a

07

08a

08

12

15

16a

16

18

20

22

25

26

27

28

29a

29

30a

30

31

34

36

37a

37

40a

40

44 Crash begins

46

47a

47

48a

48

49a

49

54

55

59a

59

65

70a

70

73

75

77

78

80

84a

84

87a

87

100   with the champion Benenaula family

101

102

104

92a

92

94a

94

96

97

99