Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wednesday April 12, 2017 Buzzer

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
Get these Blogs via email !! …... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Wednesday April 12, 2017
I goofed on a medical and a dental appointment for Cristina.  I thought they were for today and tomorrow so I had cancelled Spanish class.  A double-check showed them as being for next week....  Oh well, I needed a break anyway.
So then I intended to go early to get my new alarm installed on Buzzer but a rainy morning delayed me until about 10am.  
In the meantime I tried to make up my IVA refund statement on this Libre Office Writer program and the whole darn thing disappeared on me!  Oh I am so pissed about that.  I need to get my Office 2016 working again.
Then my mechanic, Juan Diego, one of the Herederos, wasn't there but said he was on his way.  5 minutes in Ecuador time is only 30 minutes in real time..
The alarm also included a Command Start for the bike but it is an iffy thing on bikes, and I would never use it so we decided to disconnect that part of it.
I enjoy watching an expert at work, .. someone who knows what he is doing, is organized, and has the right tools for the job.  Juan Diego is such a person.
My bike was also not running perfectly and he asked me if it was using an inordinate amount of gas, which it is, so he made a minor adjustment then looked at the air filter (I didn't even know it had one...).  It looked clean to me but he said no, it was plugged, so we made a buckshee version out of new pantyhose and it was OK,.. but the power was lacking.  Maybe they were control-top pantyhose...??  I never checked the package...   So he suggested I buy a conical filter instead and off I went to buy it at a store near the U of Azuay.  He told me it was called Mas Motos and I hunted for it, drove for blocks, asked a lot of people, and finally got to the place I had passed called "+ Motor"...  Close, but no cigar, to Mas Motos....
Anyway I go back and get it installed, eliminating a whole lot plastic on that side of the bike.  And the colourful cone is not only pretty, but it is washable in the rain, or with a hose...  Cool!  And Buzzer is sounding so pleased too.
While at Juan Diego's, his neighbour pulls up in this pregnant Roller Skate, an electric car with only 2 seats, one in front and one in back!!  It has cute gull-wing door entry but, get this, it has no side windows.....  And it is a bargain at $15,000 !!  I still can't get over it that someone would actually pay $15,000 for a car with no side windows...  So obviously a security system would be required....  Still shaking my head on this one...
After a quick lunch at home, Cristina and I went to Carolina Bookstore to exchange books before heading over to the Plaza Civica area.  The heavens opened for the third time today but only for about 5 minutes this time.  
I made a pitstop at Markosoft to talk to Marco.  The Office 2016 that I bought has stopped working so he have me a patch on my memory stick to take home.  
Near the 9 de Octubre market we wanted to go buy a couple more of these $15 track suits for me (see Sunday's photos at the end) and we circled for blocks but could not find the store.  We were sure we knew where it was, but it must have moved, lol...  I will have to look up the address on the factura (bill).
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
A soggy morning so that delayed my plans

The $15k pregnant roller skate

One seat in front, and one in the back, and room for a purse

But someone will steal the purse because this beauty has NO side windows!

Juan Diego is a good mechanic

He has the tools and the knowledge, especially for bikes

My new cute air filter...

I think it is kinda sexy, don't you??