Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Tuesday April 18, 2017 Recommendations


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Get these Blogs via email !! …... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Tuesday April 18, 2017
Monday was not a bad day, just rain trying to start but never getting past the spitting stage. We even had some lovely sunshine, so it was a good day to be on Buzzer.
Had another good Spanish session with Teo at Instituto Cuenca. I may have to miss almost 2 months because I soon start a lengthy physio regimen every weekday. He has offered to even be available Saturdays if necessary. I will call him and let him know when I can be available too.
Then I tried a special massage with a highly recommended licenced neurological therapist, Karen Wine.  Some people had told me that the deep tissue and muscle massages can hurt but I survived easily enough.   I guess I will have to see in the morning if I feel any great difference.
Today I am going to do something I haven't done in a long time.... and I am going to do it TWICE...  I am going to actually recommend 2 places because they have impressed me with their quality and service.
This morning I went to G+G Asesores, across from the SRI building on Remigio Crespo, at # 5-05.  If you have been following my Blogs you know how frustrated I get with the bureaucracy and malfunctioning systems of the SRI (read this as IRS and you get the idea) whenever I try to submit my IVA receipts (facturas) for refund.  I swear that this Government department is under orders to frustrate, obfuscate, and generally piss off claimants so they will just give up.  Well a good buddy, Ed, referred me to G+G to eliminate those frustrations for a paltry 10% fee.  I made an appointment and happened to meet another buddy, Tom, when I arrived for my appointment.  He was also having frustrations so now both of us have less worries.  We may have to pop in there twice a month unless they will let us do a monthly stop which will suit me just fine.  There are also many recommendations on GringoPost for them so I look forward to less gray hair, and maybe more hair again.  Please tell Jacqueline that I sent you.
Then Cristina and I made a pilgrimage to a store that has caught our fancy.  Abigail Tex is located at 5-55 Vega Munoz, a block north of the Plaza Civica.  These folks manufacture and sell sporty and stylish clothing.  Ladies, if you have the figure for Lycra, you need to check out this store.  The storefront is not big but the storeroom behind it is jam-packed with clothing.  It is almost impossible to find such quality at such prices.  They had gorgeous Lycra leggings/pants for ladies at 2 for $15.  There isn't much for guys but I bought a complete lovely track suit a couple of weeks ago for $15, and I went back to buy 2 more in different colours today. 
Then I got 12 pairs of socks across the street for $10.  I should be well-clothed for a couple of days...
There!  That should be my recommendations for this year....
We also found a khaki backpack on the Plaza Civica for a friend.  If they have already found one I will gladly keep this one.
I have to mention that I did feel better this morning after yesterday's specialty massage so I am looking to make another visit...  Anything that will get me off this plateau and feeling normal again gets my OK...  Tomorrow I start 30 days of physio on weekdays only, with the last session broken up so this will cover almost 2 months.   We are crossing our fingers and our toes that this logjam breaks up for me.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Recommendation #1

Looking forward to less headaches

Recommendation #2

5-55 Vega Munoz is the place to shop

Really well-made clothes at great prices

Lycra and track suits

And they have tons of stock in the back

Found this backpack for a friend..




2 Track suits $30.   12 socks for $10 at another store.