Saturday, April 15, 2017

Friday April 14, 2017 Housewarming

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
Get these Blogs via email !! …... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Friday April 14, 2017
Today Cristina prepared some delicious potato salad to take over to Carlos' and Tom's downtown apartment for a potluck housewarming.  One block from the big cathedral, on the fifth floor, this place has amazing views.  The only negative is the elevator does not operate and the landlord seems reluctant to fix it.  I couldn't imagine hauling up a real load of groceries fo five flights.  If nothing is done soon they will likely have to move.
It was a really intenational gathering with people from India, China, Belarus, Ukraine, Colombia, Venezuela, Canada, USA, and Ecuador.
Dani made a fabulous Italian lasagna for us and the special ingredients would surprise most people.  No, I am not giving away the surprise...
~~~
Update:  I forgot to mention that Steve, the music man, and I were discussing Oldies music when he said "I am probably older than you..!  I am 44!"  I laughed and told him to add 50% to that number...  He was shocked and said that I did not look anywhere near that age.  That sure made my day!
~~~
The clouds shifted many times during the day and we had intermittent rain showers.  This made for some interesting photography.   I hope you don't get tired of cathedral shots.  This is a new angle to shoot from and I made the most of it...  I eliminated about 1/2 of the shots I did take...
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Immaculate Conception (the new cathedral)

A view to the Cajas with changing clouds

A convent courtyard with a huge garden

Another view to the Cajas over San Francisco church

Looking west up the wet Presidente Cordova

Rain drain dripping down to the sidewalk

Another view to the Cajas to the west as the skies clear

Love this shot of Turi with awesome sky and clouds

Clearing skies over the Cathedral

Also clearing over the Cajas

Friday afternoon, "creeping like a nun"....

Pope John Paul II came through this side entrance

Dani hard at work making salad

Carlos helping out

Looking east down Presidente Cordova

Looking west again, nicer skies

Another Turi shot with dramatic skies

Love the red tile rooftops

Guy across the road mending a jacket on his terrace

The first yummy lasagna dish ( I had the first taste).

Venezuela, 2 Ukraine, USA, and Belarus represented

Our music man, Steve, with Jenny

The slies keep changing

Most of the dishes for the potluck

Nice open space for everyone

More storm clouds over the Cajas

Missing one person in this group shot.  Raining again outside.

The crowd, minus one (me)

Total group shot #2

Beverly & Saul's sweetheart

Carlos & Jenny bust some moves

Latin dancing with lots of fast footwork

Great demonstration

Everybody wishing they had these moves

Santuario Mariano (Carmen) lighting up

The Cathedral could really use better lighting, but love the sky!

A little later when it is much darker.  Still impressive.