Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Monday April 3, 2017 Regina's Birthday


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒⇒
WooHoo!!!!…..  You may again SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Monday April 3, 2017
This is Blog 1,111 under this name, so I must be close to 2,000 overall..
Also on Sunday Cristina and I took the #3 to Gringolandia to see Dr Rob Annis, our intelligent chiropractor. What should have been a 35 minute ride was over an hour because of slow buses and incredible traffic because everyone was heading to the voting stations, mostly at the schools.
Dr Rob worked on me first and his adjustments always have me feeling better. Then he worked on Cristina for the first time. Cristina had a car accident 9 years ago and has had recurring headaches ever since. Rob listened to the horrible cracking in her neck but surprisingly said that was not the major problem, it was on the back at the top of the first rib, amongst other needed adjustments. Also she needed to adjust her sleeping habits, no more sleeping face down.
Then I get home and go to remove my fanny pack and it is not around my waist… Did I lose it on the return bus? No, I forgot it at Dr Rob’s office… Silly me. So I had to jump on Buzzer and go back there (which took me under 20 minutes because I avoided the traffic along the river).
And I commented yesterday on the election which, of course, has all sorts of cries of election fraud, where the opposition leader, Lasso, was ahead by as much as 6 points, the election office closed for a bit and, all of a sudden, the govt. candidate, Moreno, is ahead by 3 points. So there is, as usual, angry crowds to avoid.
Oh, and we had our first rainless day in ages….

This Monday morning, I awoke and walked the dogs and felt much better than I have in a long time. So is it Dr Rob’s magic adjustments?? Or is it the neurological medicine finally clicking in after 3 pills? Anyway, I am certainly thankful for the sudden improvement.
On FaceBook I read that the family of the young boy I sponsor at Cetap Lucy had a fire in their home due to an electrical fault. Apparently Angel’s bed and clothes went up in smoke. I offered one of my single beds to help out and it has been accepted. A coordinating aid group is picking it up tomorrow.
Oh boy, this is two days without rain! I don’t mind a bit of rain, but since January it has seemed almost continuous. A break is needed.
Tonight we were invited to Regina Potenza’s 70th Birthday bash at Fabiano’s. Now Regina is my kinda gal. She must be a type-A like me, where if you thing others will just screw up the work, you do it yourself… She organized and paid for her own birthday party, decorations, pizza, beer and wine. Gotta love this party gal who looks younger every day. Happy Birthday Regina!!!
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Overview of Cuenca this morning from the Autopista

A tighter shot of El Centro

Looking east this afternoon

Looking southwest

Somebody is 70 today...

I'll bet it is Regina....

Party at Fabiano's

She invited a large crowd

This is just a portion of that crowd

She was also the hostess and hardly sat down

We all want to look this good, especially at 70

Regina has a very good selection of friends

The Terrific Trio

The Dynamic Duo

Table shot #1

Table shot #2

Table shot #3

Table shot #4

Table shot #5

Table shot #6

Table shot #7

MC Linda leads the "Happy Birthday" song

Regina salutes a new decade

Cheers to Regina

Cheers to her 7th decade ending

She got the candles, even at that distance

She's still a party girl

She is even serving her own cake

And a delicious cake it is...

Some party-crasher made her smile, lol.