Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday April 21, 2017 Mark+Karen


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨
Get these Blogs via email !! …... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
******
Friday April 21, 2017
Thursday was another nutso day. I was up before 6am because Cristina said we had to be at the Medisol near Feria Libre across town for 8am. It turns out the Medisol is just to the left of the main buildings, right in Feria Libre... Then they didn’t do those particular blood tests until after 10am.. We we both had appointments at 10am elsewhere so Cris will return tomorrow on her own.
Cris headed to her dentist appointment while I ran to my physio, forgetting the required towel. Same procedures today and no visible change...
Then I was in contact with my niece (well, she was married to my nephew) to finalize details for flights to come and check out Ecuador. Funny... we had been out of touch for 17 years but she was researching Ecuador and found out that I was here so we are back in touch. She is really sick of winter and looking for new surroundings, so we’ll see how she enjoys her visit.
Then I had to get my act together to prepare for a meeting at Villa San Carlos with Sandra so she could meet George and we could hash out a few details. I rode Buzzer over there under threatenng clouds and we had a very productive meeting indeed. George is very excited to be taking over the Oldies But Goodies dances and is looking to take charge of the sound, music and the bar. Mark your calendars, we have tentatively booked the next dance for May 17th.
I went to leave and it was just pouring, so I waited for over an hour before parking Buzzer (with the alarm activated) and walked over to catch the #16. I can pick up the bike tomorrow, and it did need a wash.
So the Herederos Thursday night ride got rained out yet again. I just read a post on GringoTree that the rainy season is May and June..... They obviously haven't lived here this year....

Friday was another busy one... Cristina was out early for her bloodwork at the Feria Libre Medisol while I ran back to Villa San Carlos to retreive Buzzer before heading to physio.
I had a tiny break before I headed off to the northeast to get Cristina's mammogram results. They said they would be ready by Friday so I was miffed when they said they didn't have them and they sent me to the radiology room which was a zoo with everyone pushing ahead of everybody else every time the door opened. That is one of the main things I hate about Ecuador is the complete rudeness here to just barge in front of another person. I just went back to the nurses' office and said I refuse to wait in the zoo lineup over there. They made one phone call (why didn't they do that in the first place?) and I went back to the office and they opened the door and called Cristina's name, I got the x-rays and results and was outta there. The good news is that the report says there are no problems. Goodie!
I came back, walked the dogs again, had lunch and went straight to nap for almost 3 hours. The heavens opened so we couldn't take the girls out again before we had to leave.
I had picked up a similar backpack to mine for Mark and Karen who indicated a desire for one similar to use for their upcoming safari to Africa. This garnered a dinner invitation over for a French-Canadian tourtiere (meat pie) supper which I would never refuse... Delicious!!! Mark poured me a nice Crown Royal and I was pretty much back in Canada for a short time... Always good company with these fine people who are coming up on their 5th Anniversary here. They are great world travelers and have so many neat artifacts from many, many countries, usually with a good story attached. They can invite us for supper anytime!
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Gotta love this huge slab dining room table

Relaxing before supper

Turkish baby circumcision outfit #1

Outfit#2- Heavy to hold the baby down..

Loved the colours and shapes

Sky colours changing in the background

Some WOW sunset colours

The yummy tourtiere..................

Shiloh joining us at the table for supper.  Very well behaved!

My first plate...  Yup, I had two of these...

Mark & Karen are good friends and good company

The shaman and Cristina

Love this elephant carving

Shiloh is feeling neglected