Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday April 23, 2017 Tanagers


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right ⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨
******
Sunday April 23, 2017
The first couple of shots are from Friday morning, on my way to recover Buzzer. With a lot of rain in the Cajas the Rio Tomebamba remains swollen. We have seen it rise 3 feet within a half-hour in the past, because it is so shallow, so it wouldn't take much to leap the banks in several places in the city. Fortunately our home is on the higher bank in Monay.
Saturday afternoon I got a message from our friend Lotis that she had done some baking of Philipino delicacies and that she had made extras for us. This morning I rode over and had a really nice visit with Lotis, Mike, Sully and Bella. Then Cristina and I devoured the goodies as soon as I got home. Yummy!!! Cristina now wants to learn how to cook the noodle dish...
This morning our rescued birds, the blue-winged mountain tanagers, were watching outside with the window cracked open about 3 inches. I suggested to Cristina that that little opening did not give them any real opportunity to spread their wings and fly away as nature intended. She opened the window further and, lo and behold, one of the birds jumped at the chance and went into the big tree outside and watched us for a long time. It always cocks its head in the direction of Cristina's voice, their mother for the past months. The other one is much more timid and not quite ready to make the leap yet, even though she flies around the room easily.
This afternoon Cristina was joined by Carlos and Dany, other cooking afficionados to try out some different recipes. That certainly is a good hobby for the 3 of them and a chance for camaraderie.
BTW, all photos are taken with the new Lumix ZS-60.

EVENING UPDATE:  The timid sister summoned up the courage to fly the coop as well.   Cristina is both happy and sad, no doubt from the empty nest syndrome.

I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Our little Rio Tomebamba is just roaring by

So many good photo ops in this area, but taken thru dirty bus window

Lotis' noodle dish that Cristina wants to learn to make

Delicious Philipino pastries from Lotis

And yet more delicious Philipino pastries!

Our brave escapee  ready to tackle the wild, again

Whoops, I hear my mother's voice...

Mommy, I wanna be free...

Still a little unsure though...

The timid one waits for the right time

She is not as developed as her sister

I'll leave when the time feels right...

We 3 cooks from Latin America (Venezuela + Colombia)

They do more talking than cooking...  That's OK too.