Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wednesday May 18, 2016 Samsung Camera



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday May 18, 2016
Today was the kind of day that you love in Cuenca, sunny, but with enough cloud to be comfortable, without a rain.   So it was not a day to stay inside.
We walked the dogs a few times and went to Feria Libre and poked around.  We strolled the mega aisles of clothing and I ended up finding a light waterproof windbreaker for riding Toxic on days like this ($17).   The Cristina loaded me down with vegetables and we caught the bus back home.
I finally managed to make an appointment with the bank manager for tomorrow, so all is well.
A friend has organized a December cruise from Buenos Aires to Rio De Janiero and I am so tempted but I just can't justify that cost for the two of us for only 11 days.  Then I got an email about cruise deals and there are some really hot deals in Europe and the Med right now, like 82% off on some.   I will have to spend some time and find one that goes where I want, without too many sailing days...   
I still keep trying to get accustomed to this fancy little Samsung but I have a problem with it.  It has only the rear screen to view, no viewfinder, and I rarely have my glasses within reach, so I can't easily see what I am doing.  Operator error as usual...  I need a camera like this, but with a viewfinder.  If anybody wants a great little point+shoot with many capabilities: movies, panorama, wi-fi, macro, sports and more, .. just let me know.  I will let it go for $100 with the hard case and 16Gb microSD card.
The photos today are all taken with the little Samsung WB35F.  The camera itself retails for $200-$300, depending on where you look.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

I took a little artistic licence with this morning's sunrise.

A macro in really bright sunlight

Action-freeze mode

A macro of Mariposa

A macro of Turi

A landscape shot of the creek #1

A landscape shot of the creek #2

A landscape shot of the creek #3

A landscape shot of the agave and eucalyptus

My new windbreaker for $17

This all can be yours for $100, no triflers

16Mp with a 12X zoom, with wi-fi capability...

This little camera packs a lot of punch!