Thursday, May 12, 2016

Thursday May 12, 2016 Herederos



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, although I hear there are problems receiving the emails lately.  Please let me know if this is still occurring.

Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday May 12, 2016
Wow!  This is #901 posting for this particular blog...  Where does the time go??
A lovely sunrise this morning, a brief sprinkle, then a gorgeous day.
Our friend Judy is moving soon so we helped her pack up some of her things.   She presently lives in a 3rd floor walk-up, so she is moving to a main floor apartment.  The stairs are just too much.
Then we caught a #13 downtown to do a little shopping and got bounced around pretty good.  This bus had absolutely zero shock absorbers, pretty much like all the city buses.
I started gazing at hat-bands and found a beaded one I liked, but they wanted $20 for it,.. as much as the hat!  We stopped at a jewelry shop who had a big selection of watches, so I asked him offhand if he any Timex Indiglo watches like the one I wear.  He digs in a drawer and brings one out, almost identical, but then asks $60 for it!  I think I paid $25 or so for mine.
We stopped at the pulled pork sandwich place near San Francisco.  We both like their "sanduche de pernil" for $1.50 so we shared 3 of them, and coconut juice for another 50c.  
We caught a different #13 back home and it seemed worse than the previous one today.  Rough rides, tight seating, and long legs do not a comfortable ride make...
I had reminded a few gringo friends with scooters about the Thursday night Herederos del Pasado ride, but none showed up.  The initial bunch at the Puente Roto was at least 13 bikes and one was the kid from the MultiMotos dealership with the 2016 Fatty again.  I am kinda infatuated with it but I need to sell my 2015 Toxic first.  The kid said they don't expect any more new ones in for about 2 weeks (Ecuador time).
About the time about 9 bikes decided to begin the ride to El Valle (hooray!), it began to rain a little and wasn't letting up right away so they just pulled into Ruta 66 burger joint on Paucarbamba and most of us had a burger or sandwich.  By the time we finished, the rain had quit, but they had changed their minds and were only going to do a quick run through El Centro.  So, I just came home.
Friday the 13th tomorrow.   I think I will just stay in bed all day....
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
x
A pretty sunrise this morning

This is our morning view

This menu doesn't break the bank

Believe it or not, they are really having fun...

The bikers are gathering

The one on the right is a 650cc Suzuki....

I have my eye on the new 2016 Fatty

New ignition, new electronic speedo

New locking gas tank and access

New lighting, bigger wheels

Flatter seat with real stitching

Lots of flashy colours available

The old and the new Fatty

New frame, and stainless exhaust

Get your kicks on Route 66....  We did!

Do you think they mean cigarettes

Photo of obvious customization...  Love it!