Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Tuesday May 3, 2016 El Centro



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, although I hear there are problems receiving the emails lately.  Therefore I sincerely appreciate the regular followers that I do have!
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday May 3, 2016
When signing in to compose this Blog I was a little staggered that I have done about 1,500 blogs since coming to Cuenca.  They sure add up fast!
It turned into another lovely sunny day so we went to El Centro to buy some Arepas (tasteless Colombian pancakes that Cristina likes) and we ended up buying her a few clothes and a pair of runners as well.
The downtown is so upside down with the TransVia construction that walking in some areas could be hazardous to your health.  The target finish date is in July, but they are now admitting that they have to extend that date (I seriously doubt that they could finish before December...).
We walked around from San Francisco market down to Rotary market.  I saw another street vendor selling remote controls so I told him of my problems getting one to work my Panda TV.  He pulled out a same-make, but different model than the one I had bought at Coral, for $4 including batteries.  I was skeptical, but what's another $4?? 
When we first came home, we took the girls for another walk, and I still had my good camera around my neck, so pardon me for tring a few shots.
When I finally sat down I tried this new remote.  It had 3 different methods to encode it to our particular model of TV.  Trying all the codes did not work.  Trying to pair it with my TV model did not work.  The last option is to press the "set" button until a volume control appears, and I almost dropped the remote when it actually happened after about 40 seconds!  So, we finally have a good remote again, praise the Lord.
It had 3 different methods to encode it to our particular model of TV.  Trying all the codes did not work.  Trying to pair it with my TV model did not work.  The last option is to press the "set" button until a volume control appears, and I almost dropped the remote when it actually happened after about 40 seconds!  So, we finally have a good remote again, praise the Lord.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
x

Sunny day on Immaculate Conception and Santuario Mariano

A shot from up closer

The shaman ladies at Rotary market

My church , lol.. San Alfonso

City Hall

I don't expect this to be done before December

Mariposa is usually the instigator

A lot of teeth, but all in good fun

Trying a pin for the count of 3 ??

They are pretty evenly matched

Good exercise for the girls

Turi gets happy once she gets going too.