Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wednesday May 4, 2016 Accident



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, although I hear there are problems receiving the emails lately.  Therefore I sincerely appreciate the regular followers that I do have!
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday May 4, 2016
It was a scary morning as I was walking the dogs before 10am.  We were stopped while Turi watered the grass and I heard a small noise off to my right.  I turned to see that some fellow had fallen off his bike at a T-intersection across the pathways from my house and his body was in spasms.  A few other people walking on the paths came to the scene as well.  The poor fellow must have cracked his head on the curb because there was blood coming from his head and he was convulsing.  I urged the people to call 911 immediately.  I gave them the intersection's street names and the ambulance arrived on the scene in minutes.  The call seemed to take longer than it took for the ambulance to arrive from the adjacent IESS hospital.  I had nothing with me but a set of keys and the two dogs, ...plus my limited Spanish would just have confused things.  I really wanted to put a compress on the man's wound but I had nowhere to put the dogs quickly enough.   The poor man luckily regained consciousness just a minute before the ambulance arrived, which was a huge relief to everyone there….   I then continued on with the dogs.  I didn't want to be ghoulish and run for my camera.
Later, I am watching from upstairs and see the ambulance begin turning around.  Then I was absolutely shocked to see the bandaged man walking on the street!!  But then he must have gotten back in the ambulance because I couldn't see him anywhere while a neighbor wheeled his bike away, presumably to his nearby home.  I sure hope the guy recovers well.

Tried again this morning to input my IVA refund to SRI and, naturally, the system is still not working.  Who do these people think they are fooling?
We made another small trek back to San Francisco market to exchange 2 pairs of pants for Cristina to a better size.  Then we poked around a few stores trying to find a hot air popcorn popper because mine has seen better days.  No luck yet.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

The ambulance is on site

WTF...  This guy is walking around..??!!

Heading back towards the ambulance, and gets back in??

A neighbour wheels away the man's bike