Friday, May 20, 2016

Thursday May 19, 2016 Herederos



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday May 19, 2016
Cristina decided that we were going to El Centro to meet Jessy for ice cream at 2:30pm so we did...  They had ice cream in cups while I opted for a form of fruit pie.  Trying to eat it by hand was the usual disaster, dropping some on my shirt.  Good grief, I need to wear a bib every time I go out.... lol.
Then we wandered El centro, very slowly while they window-shopped.  It just kills me to walk that slow, but what is a guy to do with two ladies in high heeled boots?   We worked our way across the river and towards Parque De La Madre, then El Vergel and over near the ECU 911 building where we could catch the #16 home.  On the way I spotted this sandwich board menu on Luis Moreno Mora 31-04 (mostly in English) that mentioned Fish 'n' Chips.  My feet would not walk away.  Pablo offered us the choice of tilapia or corvina, and we chose the tilapia.  For $3.50 it was unbeatable.  We will be going back there...
After I gassed up Toxic in the evening, I joined a dozen or so other motos for the usual night run.  I heard them mention that they were going to go to Monay and that made me happy, but once we got going it was obvious that Monay was not the destination...  We ended up at a house/clothing factory close to the intersection of Loja and Las Americas.  Soon we were choosing style, fabrics, etc for club jackets, to be waterproof, warm, reflective, with protected pockets, and a concealed hood.  We will also have our names on the chest along with our blood type (ORH+, instead of just O+...).  It seemed that the whole group was O+, so we can have roadside tranfusions if necessary, lol.  Frankly I was so impressed that they could make such a jacket for $21!!  Incredible!!
The we went to the Virgen De Bronce (sp?) church for a photo op.  I don't know why churches are called something different than what is written on them, in this case, Ntra, Sra, del Carmen...  They decided to go for hamburgers from there, but I was still full from the previous meal so I just headed home.  I struggled to keep my eyes open as I worked on the photos until past 1am.     Then getting up at 5:30 to water and fertilize the grass with the girls doesn't do much for the sleep patterns.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
x
Cris and Jessy having ice cream at Tutto Freddo

Love all the porticos along here

Main doors to Immaculate Conception cathedral

Columns at the right side of the main doors (6 apostles?)

Columns at the left side of the main doors (other 6 apostles?)

The on-lady band was by the cathedral today

Window shopping

Disinterested mannequins (very different than N.A.)

A view to the southwest from the Barranco

A tighter view to the southwest from the Barranco

A view to the southeast from the bridge

Some of the original homes along the Tomebamba

One of the steep staircases to Calle Larga

The Escalinata is a little wider

A mural along Parque De La Madre

Good food, good chef - Luis Moreno Mora 31-04 y Cornelio Merchan

Love this sight every Thursday

The Rio Tomebamba is running at normal height

This is the view to the east, downriver

The bikes are beginning to gather

Santa Claus (Johnny) stopped by

More and more bikes show up

Almost ready to leave

Parking in a cul-de-sac at the clothing factory

Quite a good-sized group this night

This is the jacket I liked best

This is the prototype that was chosen by the group

The tailor is on the left

Virgen de Bronce is another well-lit iconic church

There are 3 churches within spitting distance

This one dominates a hilltop and has great views

A lovely sight for sure

It is a nice stop for photos

Trying for an unusual shot

One of the wives posing on a Vespa

And now with the hubby

A good bunch to ride with