Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Tuesday May 10, 2016 Rain



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
THANK YOU to all the GringoPost readers who voted for me 3 years in a row as Best Photographer in Cuenca!
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, although I hear there are problems receiving the emails lately.  Please let me know if you are still having troubles...
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday May 10, 2016
The trouble with going to bed too early is waking up way too early….  I was awake for a while and finally got up at 4am and took the girls for a walk.  I was really surprised to see the juice man setting up a block away, 2 hours before sunrise…   And there was a family of 4 waiting for a ride from someone, ...certainly no buses at that hour.
I don’t often remember dreams, but this one held my interest…  I somehow got to interview President Correa on radio and I got to ask him anything I wanted, plus I had a kill switch for his mic so he couldn’t interrupt my questions and trying to run the show (the way he does his Saturday political reports)….    I wish you could have heard the show…   I thought I was brilliant..
Then, later, I took a chance and tried to do the online IVA refunds again.  You can imagine my surprise when I managed to upload January!!  So I kept going, and it took February, then March, but it balked on April…  I had to try April 3 times before it would go…    
I have pretty detailed instructions on how to do the online IVA refund submission, if anyone is interested…  With all the work that you have to do to submit by hand now, it is just as easy to do it online in the comfort of your own home.
My mailing address in Canada is changing to 15 Vandoos Gardens NW, Calgary, AB T3A 4W4, so I spent a lot of the morning advising all the Government agencies, and the bank, that send me mail.  My phone remains 587-800-0259.
By the time I finished with all that foolishness and decided to run to El Centro near San Francisco to buy a couple of blankets, we end up around 1pm, just in time to find a lot of shops closed for lunch and the afternoon rain to begin.  We got the blankets and decided to hunt down a hot air popcorn popper (rare as hen's teeth here) and an electric engraver.  I bought a Dremel machine because it said that it had an engraving bit, but that bit is a big flared grinding stone so I have no idea how I could possibly engrave anything dainty with that...!!  It will have other uses though.  
We waited and waited past 3:30 for Almacenes Ochoa on Sucre to open, which it didn't, so we went for a coffee and headed for home.  
There was a female one-woman band (guitar, and tambourine on her foot) playing near Don Colon's, so she picked up a few coins as she played "Hit The Road Jack" as we went by.
There was sunshine beaming through as we got to the east end and took the girls for one of their five or six daily walks.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

♫ "Oh Lord, don't let the rain come down.." ♫

He wasn't listening to me today

A workman on a third floor apartment

This kid's family was waiting out the rain too

The tourist bus looked pretty empty

Lovely courtyard glass roof where we had coffee

♪ "Hit The Road Jack" ♪

Turi checking out her pee-mails

Mariposa following suit

Sunshine in the east as the rain passes to the west