Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday July 3, 2015 Caballo Campana

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday July 3, 2015
I spent most of the morning getting my paperwork in order to bring to the Immigration office on Monday (but I later found out that they will probably be closed because of a national holiday called for the Pope's visit...).
Then I tried to get caught up on sleep before getting prepared to go help Hearts of Gold set up at Caballo Campana for tomorrow's BBQ.
Caballo Campana is truly a lovely venue set in the mountains just east Banos, with acres and acres of green space and lean horses.
A new volunteer came in at the venue and I did a double-take..  Here it was Angelika who was teaching me Spanish just yesterday....  This town is just too small....
I am really looking forward to tomorrow's event.  I have been asked to be a photographer at the event and to help with the slideshow.   My friend Rob from Vilcabamba is also going to be there as a photographer.  I intend to bring both cameras and 2 tripods to get every possible shot of the amazing fireworks that I can.
Update:  This evening I took the bull by the horns, after a confirming conversation with Cristina, and booked flights from Cuenca to Cali, Colombia for 2 weeks.  With the Tercera Edad (Old Farts) discount it was pretty darn cheap!  I was even able to do it online!   Both sets of flights are only about 6 hours total with 2 stops!  The layovers are only an hour and there was a warning that I would have to collect my luggage in Quito and rush to board the connecting flight to Esmereldas.  Therefore I will only have a carry-on with minimal clothes. Besides which, if Cristina is complaining about the heat, I am sure to melt upon arrival.  I don't do heat well...
I leave 2 weeks from today and she will meet me at the airport and we will continue on to her place in Tulua.
A strange coincidence is that the maintenance man, Jose, who works at the retirement residence where my Mom resides, is from that very city.  Small world.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  


The table set-up was underway.  Needs a few adjustments.

This is the view west, towards Banos.

I just love horses in a pasture.

A backlit white horse.  I couldn't resist.

This is an amazing venue for a large BBQ event.

Tons of green space for the kids to run wild.

Did I say that I love horses in a pasture?

A gorgeous brick building, ready for the party...

Another view west.

This is the view from the back to the front.  Big dance floor.

The table settings will be gorgeous!

Kids playing in the pasture, futbol of course...