Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday July 28, 2015 Colombia Day 11+12

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday July 28, 2015
Monday was a washout, laze around and do laundry, minor shopping, and melt into the bed kinda day…..  A dog day afternoon….
Wednesday was looking like more of the same, so I decided to jump a ride back to Tulua and see if I could find a bus north to Armenia (named after the country in Europe) where Cristina said the temperatures would be more like Cuenca because it is up in the mountains.  However there were no such buses…  So I started wandering the same mall I had visited last week when I got a call from the niece Natalia that they were coming to get me.
I have such a good time with Cristina’s sister’s family and today was no exception.  They treat me so well.  We did some grocery shopping then Natalia and I tried to get shots of their hummingbird(s) who were not being cooperative today.  Adiela made a fish soup with many different varieties of fish and it was absolutely a delight for the palate.  Miguel and I share a common passion for the heavy horses and he showed me some of the photos and videos that he has of the gentle giants.
Then we picked up an electrical transformer and went past Andalucia to a town called Bugalagrande and delivered it to one of Miguel’s former workers who is an electrical genius.  This transformer was part of a natural gas blower often used to fire things like the big clay bread ovens.  There was an abundance of birdlife in that area.
Then we came back to Andalucia because the skies were threatening a lot but we never got the benefit of any rain.
Cristina picked up another street dog so she is back to having 3 dogs in the house and they seem to get along well enough.  She has taken to dressing the dogs so poor Lupe has to play Princess all night.
Tomorrow will be exciting.  Stay tuned.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Lupe found a laundry basket was a soft resting place

Mariposa just thought that the tiles were the coolest

9:30am and this Mall wasn't even awake yet...

I am checking out ideas for racks for my scooter

Another idea for the tail end

And a larger back end configuration...

I bought some sweets.  The sugar and coconut was unreal...

A church next to a Salesian academy

Natalia went to that academy for 2 years

Anybody remember "Romancing The Stone"??  

Miguel says this is called a Desert Flower

One hummer finally did arrive but was not easy to capture

This was the best we could manage today

This is Sophie, one of Adiela's dogs

This yellow hibiscus is like a beacon

The family pride wall

Love this fan-fern or whatever it is

Miguel feeds these doves on the roof below his office

This looked like a Gringo backpacker going somewhere

The church in Bugalagrande

Birds nesting in a roof support

Bad light to catch this egret

Not sure what this is, but he seemed to have a very long beak

Another shot

Natalia like caterpillars and butterflies

Daniel is only 3 and a computer expert

Poor Lupe is embarrassed to be a Princess

Would someone PLEASE get this off me