Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday July 24, 2015 Colombia day 8

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday July 24, 2015
Happy 65th Birthday Bella.
I was up real early to process the prior Blog so I have only had about 3 hours sleep.  I apologize again for the quality of the work emanating from this hothouse.  
Natalia, Cristina's niece, showed up as promised with her father Miguel and told me that they had decided to take me to the Juan Maria Cespedes Botanical Garden on the outskirts of Tulua.  They had never been there themselves so it was an adventure.
We stopped in Tulua to pick up her Mom Adiela, Cristina's sister, and we found our way there.  The proprietors are very friendly people and we had a guide to explain the flora and fauna.  There certainly was a lot of insect life, but thankfully no mosquitoes in evidence.  We watched a couple of trails of army ants carrying plant life to their nests, and their line of soldiers stretched for half a mile.  Industrious little buggers they are.
We saw a pair of roadrunners just before we left, but not much other wildlife.
We had a delicious almuerzo lunch before we headed back.
Natalia was using my small camera to get some experience shooting and she did really well, except that it seems that 90% of her shots include a red-shirted Canadian who hates having his photo taken.
A few photos did not want to load properly....  No big deal....
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Hummer at Miguel & Adiela's

The first of many shots of me...  Not my fault....

I warned you....  Nice view though...


This was our destination

Gorgeous tall trees gave welcome shade

Just starting our guided tour

Lots of photos with a red shirt in them


The paths were slippery in places

We also had to dodge cow pies

The army ants bringing pieces of leaves on a very long trail

Boy, are these little shits ever organized...


Miguel & Adiela holding hands


Miguel being a good caballero

I love sunshine through palms


Lots of greenery

Several red flowers too

Stop shooting pictures of me

This one was actually posed

Natalia and Adiela

Another posed shot with red flowers

Natalia and Adiela mugging for the camera

Did I mention red flowers?

And, did I mention tall trees?

The techno-savvy girls

Our happy little group


Me and my buddy Miguel

Love this poster at the lodge

Bird Of Paradise

Come into my lair

Bird Of Paradise 2

Bird Of Paradise has eyes, did you know?

Natalia is ready for a siesta

Tulua is off in the distance

I love horses in a pasture