Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thursday July 16, 2015 Coopera

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday July 16, 2015
It was the last day of Spanish class so an outing was planned for brunch.  Unfortunately Roxy was still sick so she and Sol could not attend.  Then the teacher had a class of her own today so she also was missing.  That left Ursula the coordinator with myself, Eliott and Tracy with no vehicle, so we took a bus to the Gapal region.  The meal was quite tasty, some kind of unnamed roasted green vegetable(s) with egg and juice.
Later, we all walked over towards the metalworking district because Ursula had to drop something off at the museum.  As we were walking out the back we saw this wire and foam creation of a huge hummingbird that will be quite impressive when it is completed.
When I arrived back home there was a message on Facebook about an emergency meeting of the Coopera people at 5pm at the Hotel Yanuncay to meet with one of the members of the National Assembly.  I informed Marco of this and we made arrangements to meet there.
I had bought a MagicJack Plus that someone was selling purely on spec.  I wasn't going to use it but I figured I would know someone who could.  I then decided to offer it to Hearts Of Gold and they accepted, so I ran it over to their office.  Right now they don't have an easy way for people in Canada or the US to contact them, or vice-versa, so we just solved that problem for them.
After a quick nap I headed downtown and met Marco for the Coopera meeting.  One of the gentlemen was all excited that they were going to announce that we were getting paid in full, that President Correa was tired of us hounding him.  It turned out to be wishful thinking as usual.  The Asembelista that was coming to meet us was none other than Oswaldo Larriva, the former head of the Government Commission for Economics, who was looking into the Coopera fiasco.  However his report was not accepted and it was archived by the Government, and he was removed from the Commission.  We are promised a copy of this buried report so that we can use the findings of someone within the Government, and it is our right under the Constitution's Transparency provisions.  I was the closest when he arrived so I was the first to welcome him.  He still seems very sympathetic to our cause but some of his suggestions seemed to be more in tune with Government desires than ours, so we really did not accomplish too much.  Another hope dashed.
Tomorrow I am off to Colombia and I am bringing the laptop so I can work on my Blogs there as well.  It is hotter than Hades there so I know that I am going to be real uncomfortable but I am looking forward to seeing Cristina's country and city.  Stay tuned.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al


Ursula, Eliott, Tracy and some other guy on the right

Ursula, Eliott, and Tracy

$2.50 breakfast with juice

That is going to be a huge hummer when it is finished!

A beautiful mural in the Hotel Yanuncay

The Coopera meeting started with the reading of a letter from the Govt.

The letter actually asks for another meeting
A few of the Coopera "injured" attended

Drs. Graciela Estrella and Gustavo Quito chaired the meeting

They have been having bi-weekly meetings for over 2 years


Oswaldo Larriva arrives to speak with us

Marco is very intent on the proceedings

Larriva got a few ovations for his support so far

Maybe this new meeting will break the logjam, who knows??