Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thursday July 23 , 2015 Colombia Days 6+7

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday July 23 , 2015
Day 6 – July 22 - It poured in the early morning but quit in time so Cristina wouldn’t have to worry about getting her hair wet, a real phobia for her with the new hairdo.  I went and did a little shopping, getting Cristina a proper drain board for her kitchen, some talcum powder for the ant problem, and then hid in the house as the temperature climbed.  No photos this date.
In the evening I went and bought a SimCard, activated, for 3,000 pesos or $1.10 USD and added an equivalent amount of time.  So for $2.20 I have an emergency phone that I can use…  If anyone has a dire emergency in Ecuador and needs to reach me, I can be reached at 0057-322-498-9814.
Day 7 – July 23 – Cristina’s niece Natalia was to come out to keep me company and go on a photo shoot but that never happened.  Her Mom, Cristina's sister Adiela was so sick with the Chikungunya Virus that she had to go to be taken to the doctor.  Her father Miguel, whose birthday was yesterday, is also badly stricken and spent 1/2 of his birthday in bed.  I am so deadly afraid of catching this darn virus that has no cure.
Anyway, I decided to go for a short walk and explore but almost got lost among some sugar cane fields where I was very uncomfortably exposed to the sun and insects.  At least there was a lot of different action in the sky, but the blazing sun soon drove me back inside.
I find it very odd that Cristina and Cristiaan go to work at 7am, then return for a 1/2 hour breakfast break after 8am, then a 1-hour lunch break at noon, and then they are done work around 4pm.  This seems like very odd hours for Latin America where the workday usually doesn't start before 9am, and lunchtime is anywhere between 1:30 and 3pm, and most places are open until 7pm.
Cristiaan and Cristina had just left after lunch when I heard some noise and saw strong shadows through the frosted glass on the door.  I opened the door and was supremely shocked to see Adiela and Miguel!!  They apparently stopped by to drop off a freezer package for Cristina and they did not stay long.  Neither of them were hungry or thirsty so I could hardly act like a good host.  They complained about the effects of the virus but promised to come back Saturday so I can treat them to a meal and some beer.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

The buzzards are waiting for me to drop

Circling and circling, they wait...

Their numbers grow as they spot their prey

There are several of these equine transports

A shot across the center square

A very typical city square

This helicopter turned out to be the police