Monday, July 20, 2015

Sunday July 19, 2015 Colombia day 3

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday July 19, 2015
Happy 18th Birthday to my grandson Dawson, nicknamed Diesel.....
Today we went and toured a local park called Guadua.   It was very pretty and we had smoked sausage and coffee there.  I must say that the food in Colombia has much more flavour than the interminably bland food in Ecuador.  
Then we made our way by bus into Tulua to do a little shopping and to visit with Cristina's mother Julia, and sister Adiela's family, hubby Miguel, and daughters Ana Maria and Natalia.   Both Miguel and Natalia speak really good English so I didn't feel too out of place.  I even managed to have conversations in Spanish with the matriarch.
It is really warm and uncomfortable for me, certainly not accustomed to average 28C temperatures.
They rent this really lovely home which has an awesome floor plan and is also visited by at least 3 hummingbirds.  I had to show Natalia how to shoot without the benefit of a tripod or remote release.  I shot a lot of photos to get the few results that I am showing here.  I apologize again that the quality is low because of the restrictive programs at my disposal.
They also have 4 dogs and of course they are spoiled, especially the one I called Sausage Penguin, a chubby small chihuahua that waddles like the fairy penguins we saw in molting season on Phillip Island south of Melbourne.
Then everybody decided to go shopping so 5 of us crammed in the car while Adiela and Natalia went on their scooter.   We went to this huge mall and I was shocked to see that they had a separate parking lot just for bikes and scooters which are absolutely everywhere here.  It sure made me wish that I had my scooter with me.
Then 80-year-old Julia decided that she wanted an alcoholic drink so we all went to a bar for a couple of brews.  Later, Cristiaan, Cristina's son, and a buddy showed up to join us.  I had some amazing conversations with 17-year-old Natalia who is wise beyond her years and just so very sweet.  
Before we left the shopping center I looked up and saw the huge DIESEL sign and I broke out in a grin, thinking again of Dawson's birthday.
Then we stopped for a snack and went back to retrieve our belongings and I was surprised that Adiela and Miguel were driving us home.
What a great day with some really fun people!

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Happy Birthday Diesel !!!!

Inside parking in Colombia...

Cris met one of her cousins on the road

I took this so I can remember the place to turn in at the right place

Guadua Park is a small ecological preserve

A man-made river runs under some cool bridges

Another cool bridge

Man-made waterfall

I forget the name of the kind of tall trees

She said they weren't bamboo...

A kiddie park in red and yellow

This lady makes coffee the very old-fashioned way, filtered thru a sock

Hummer #1

Yellow bird #1

Hummer #2

Yellow bird #2

Hummer #3

Hummer #4

Hummer #5

Hummer #6

Hummer #7

Hummer #8

Hummer #9

Hummer #10

Adiela, Julia and Cristina

Ana Maria, Julia, Cris, Adiela, Natalia

Goofing off

Sausage Penguin and Adiela

Natalia is a sweetheart!

She has an American boyfriend

Sausage Penguin and Natalia

Natalia and her Mom

Adiela flanked by daughters Natalia & Ana Maria

Mom can goof off too....

Sisters Adiela & Cristina

It is good that they are close

Sausage Penguin being humiliated with clothing

Off to go shopping on the scooter

A separate parking lot just for bikes

I enjoyed a couple of cool ones with 5 lovelies

Julia, Ana Maria, Cris, Natalia, Adiela, Cristiaan.

Guess who got a ride home on the scooter?