Saturday, October 5, 2024

Saturday October 5, 2024 Settling In

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Saturday October 5, 2024

Yesterday, my wife surprised me with a whole cake pan of tourtierre that she made!  Definitely a filling meal!

We took a Pirata Taxi into Tulua and LA14 mall.  We investigated prices for bedroom doors and toilets at HomeCenter before grabbing a couple of items from DollarCity and Exito.

Today, I got to meet some of the backyard denizens, starting withPatti the duck who was enjoying an outing and a bath in the back yard.  The two chickens were also loose picking up any leftover corn birdseed.  And the pigeon Palomina is still the same.

Tom Thumb is so very small and he seemed to be at our feeder every time I looked out.  It is so refreshing to see all our crew in such good shape.

Cristina arranged to rent a car from her niece's boyfriend for our use for our Anniversary tomorrow.  It is a Nissan with an alarm that took me forever to figure out,... and the stupid car automatically closes the windows and locks the car so you don't dare ever leave the cars in the ignition.  I HATE cars that think they know better than you....

We took a driveout to Wolf and Fabiola's place to meet with daughter Elizabeth and her husband Alex who is now selling Chinese mopeds for about $700 USD.  He had 3 different colours to look at, and we test drove the black one that is his daughter Valerie's.  The Pixel bikes are 350W, and 60V and claim a range of 50 kms at 40 kph, and a recharge time of 4 hours.  The bikes need no licence, registration or insurance,.... just a helmet on the highway...  The Transit Police are very lax at any enforcement in town limits.

Because Cristina is very accustomed to her small Yamaha Chappy, she did not find this much different except the quiet. I expect that she will buy the grey one Monday.

Fabi always brings out much more food than necessary for company, and today was no exception.  We were entertained by Wolf's parrot, Martina, who talks, does wolf-whistles, and chuckles....  Wolf himself is in Germany, returning mid-November.

Backinour town, we managed to find our friend Roger at his girlfriend Sandra's place, so that I could deliver Canada t-shirts, earrings, and hat to Sandra and her daughter....

I haven't had to back into a tight garage space in some time and I managed to clip the edge of the door....  Idiot!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Patty loves paddling around


Our two chickens

Palomina is tame

She has a big cage now.

So happy to see my buddy Tom Thumb!








Alex and the Pixel of Valerie's

We will likely buy the one on the left

Cristina likes it




A poster of Valerie and her rented horse

Martina entertains!

Sunsets are always magical here


Martina and Eliza