Thursday, October 10, 2024

Thursday October 10, 2024 Birds

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Thursday October 10, 2024

Last night, we went to Hamburgo 2 blocks away for a burger and onion rings and brought Turi with us for the short walk.  She is such an amazingly calm dog and didn't even get ruffled when another beggar dog circled the next table.

I also ordered some "saddlebags" for the new Pixel moped because it is really lacking decent storage space or even anything to hold a bag of groceries.  The one I chose is waterproof, and carryable, so we can bring it into a store, load it up and throw it over the rear seat.

For some reason, I had a tough night, not accustomed to the firmness of the King bed, in spite of a 2" foam above that is not true memory foam.  I seemed to ache everywhere, stayed in bed for 12 hours, then had 500mg each of acetaminophen and ibuprophen.  Then I was finally able to do my exercises and get out of bed.

We had no plans for today, a lazy, overcast, then rainy day so I putzed on the laptop until I got bored and set up outside on the patio.  Today was the first day since I have been back that I actually ventured into the yard itself which has had a big transition since February.  The big row of plantains in the back corner have been ripped out and we have 2 large plantain trees down the center, and some new plants...  The one bougainvillea has been severely cut back when the sick trees were removed, and the roses are in real sad shape...

I set up the plastic rocker on the patio next to the 5-step ladder to hold my stuff out of the path of the dogs, mainly Rio, who loves the wet weather and any puddles.  She is still chasing bird shadows and getting her exercise.  She is truly the reincarnation of our dearly departed Nina..., eats everything in sight, throws her weight around, and loves to play... 

Tom Thumb visited at least 12 times while I was out there, teasing me the first 7 times and scooting away before I could aim, focus and shoot. Then he didn't seem to think I was a threat and stuck around for a few shots.

Then the brief wind let us know that a storm system was coming in again today and we got a bit of rain.   Just a typical afternoon here.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Big plantains on the new tree

Palomin is so tame, I can comeright next to her.

This bougainvillea is severely cut back

Almost jungle-like in the back corner

Our big crazy Rio

Common Ruddy Ground Doves and a Saffron Finch

Tom Thumb ignoring my presence

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

Helicoptering wings....

TT

Kiskadee