Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Wednesday October 9, 2024 Wonderful

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Wednesday October 9, 2024

A lot of Tuesday was spent online searching for a transfer chair and manual hospital bed for Ana Julia, Cristina's Mom.  Armed with this knowledge, Cristina would be able to check pricing at supply stores in Tulua.

I had ordered a "dog trainer" from Amazon and it arrived 2 days early like usual.  When someone is at the door for instance, all 12 dogs bark (great security system) and the cacaphony can be deafening.  I was absolutely amazed at how fast the dogs caught on!!!!  I just say "Calma" (Calm down) and press one of the 3 buttons.  It emits a sound they can hear but we can't, much better than the taser we were using... and they stop immediately!  After a few times, already they quieten down as soon as my chair moves and I say the magic word!  No need to even use it after only half a day....

Cristina has two aloe vera plants hanging upside down on the patio and, apparently, they can grow that way!  I was fascinated how both of them looked like some model posing... See below.

Cristina's ex, Carlos, came over with his new girlfriend named Franci.  We put out beer and peanuts and got caught up on stuff.  I had run into Carlos' brother-in-law Chucho at the store when I was buying the stuff.  Franci is very nice, but her grating voice was much louder with the beer.

The climate here is amazing for personal growth,... ha, ha, and by that I mean hair and fingernails, etc...  The difference is very noticeable when I need to trim my goatee every 4 days...

Today, Cristina was gone early for the necessary blood tests, etc., then she went to the big medical supply place near the clinic and did actually purchase a manually adjustable hospital bed for under $600 USD for her mother, and it will be delivered today to her sister Adiela's.

Cristina mentioned that the butcher shop 2 blocks away had failed to pay to the protection racket so the extortionists firebombed the place yesterday in the late afternoon!  Extortion is the reason Cristina refuses to start her own business in fear for her life!  The police systems here are a complete joke.

And she mentioned that Carlos' ex-girlfriend who we are certain poisoned his (and Cristina's) son, Christian, is somehow a widow from her young husband already.....  Of course, we suspect foul play again, but have no details as yet to confirm anything.

As she does every day, Cristina lets the chickens and the ducks roam the yard, scratch for food, and splash in the water.  I put together a few short videos that you should find joyyful.

https://youtu.be/btSk6I7qFlU 

In the late afternoon, Cristina took the Chappy and I took the Pixel for a short run west into Campo Alegre which is always beautiful and green.  I tried sitting at the back of the Pixel but found it uncomfortable and wobbly that way.  It was much better for balance when I sat in the proper front seat but it feels like I am riding a kid's bike.  But it will serve a good and effective purpose here for sure.  

Happy 59th Anniversary to Yvette and Lou.  Great example of commitment.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Model #1

Model #2

Franci and Carlos

Palomin stays in her enclosure, too tame....

Fowl weather?

Tom Thumb made his usual appearance

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

TT

Small Common Ruddy Ground Dove came close.

Flutterby

Pati splashing up a storm

Sugar cane at Campo Alegre

Love this area

Cristina on the Chappy stops for animals

Yellow-headed Caracara

Everything grows here