Sunday, October 6, 2024

Sunday October 6, 2024 Anniversary 9

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or https://pixels.com/profiles/al-bourassa

******

Sunday October 6, 2024

HAPPY 9th ANNIVERSARY to my lovely wife Cristina....  It was at her suggestion that I come back in October for this occasion,and I am so glad that I did.

We took the rented Nissan (which I learned to hate), put in 50,000 pesos of gas and that hardly registered on the gas gauge!  The price of gas has gone up 50% since I was here in February to about $4 USD/US Gallon!  And Colombia is an oil exporting nation...  Grrrrr

Because it was her Birthday last week, we invited Cristina's "adopted" niece Sofi to come for a drive today to celebrate.

We drove to Pereira and had an expensive lunch and took the group photos with Cristina's phone.

Then we drove on to our ultimate destination not far away called Santa Rosa De Cabal.  When I saw the big church driving up, I thought that I would like this town... NOT!  It was like being in Sevilla on steroids...!!!  People everywhere, ...nowhere to stop and park, ...and most of the roads seemed to be inclined at 45 degree angles....  It was such scary driving that I only stopped on the edge of town on the way out to let the girls do some browsing at some artisan shops...  I could not wait to put that place in the rear-view mirror.....

Then we ended up in central Pereira for a bathroom break, and bugged out for home.  Using Google Maps on Cristina's phone was frustrating as heck but I had no data to use my Waze app.  We went around the darn bus station 3 times before finding the right exit...

We did stop in BugaLaGrande for cholados as a nice treat to ourselves.  It was nice to relax there as dusk fell.

I had forgotten how frustrating driving can be here with the kamikaze motorcycles and the just plain ignorant-of-the-rules drivers...  I, on the other hand, am a courteous driver with very little patience for idiots who have a death wish....  True story....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

With our "child"



A pinch for good luck

Happy Anniversary Darling!



STEEP roads in Santa Rosa

Cute creek

Taken on the fly through Pereira





Love the drive past La Victoria


The greenery is captivating

Love the misty Coastal Cordillera of the Andes

Closer to home

BugaLaGrande