Thursday, November 9, 2023

Wednesday November 9, 2023 Course

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday November 9, 2023

I have found that the only way I can keep losing weight is to skip lunch as well as breakfast and limit my evening snacking.  It is finally working!

Today, I had a banner day as I received my Guaranteed Income Supplement backpay to July 1.  Now I have to wait for another determination from the latest documents I submitted for their July 2023 to July 2024 working year....

And, it appears that my investments moved in the right direction finally, moving up $5,400 in a week!  I know better than to count on that continuing for long!

I had invited someone for Wednesday Wings at Leopold's for the second time and they did not respond again, so I altered my plans.  

I was asked to go to another FAFA one-hour workshop on Senior Financial Planning, including tips on security and fraud, from 7 to 8pm.  Ghyslaine and I went together and were met by 2 others, and the local comminicator, to watch a live feed from Calgary.  I caught most of it with my poor French and my poor hearing, but it appeared to be almost a short version of the same stuff presented by the policeman and lawyer a couple of months ago.

We returned, and I helped Ghyslaine with a quick Will and Living Will since she had no such documents for her protection.  I am shocked by the lackadaisical attitude of most of the seniors here regarding their affairs if they become incapacitated or die...  Most seem to think that their family don't want anything, don't care, and that things like outstanding income taxes just disappear....   This is crazy.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

2 Grey Cup pools in process here

Some of the guys here

Sweet 93 year-old Marica

Some of the course stuff