Monday, November 13, 2023

Sunday November 12, 2023 Entertainment

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday November 12, 2023

Saturday was Remembrance Day.  Lest we forget......

I watched sports all day long as my potential partners to go dancing in the evening all begged off, which was immensely disappointing to me.  And since the friends that I would usually sit with at the Club Du Soleil dances were not going to be there, I could not see myself going there alone, so I had to pass on it.  I was not a happy camper.

I even watched the movie about radio personality Howard Stern until almost 1:30am. 

Sunday, I watched curling with Don and we made plans for supper for around 7:15pm.

At 3:30pm, Bob and I took our Gios to Blues On Whyte at the Commercial Hotel again to enjoy the Sunday Jam with our buddy Leo Martinez hosting.  Even our new friend from Nojack, Malcolm, with whom we celebrated his birthday there August 11th, made an appearance.  Many other familiar faces were there too. 

I have been to many enjoyable music jams in my life, primarily at the Black Diamond Hotel, but this day was a great one for Edmonton.  There was a large, fun crowd on hand to enjoy Leo and two amazing, gorgeous female entertainers, Mandy McMillan and Darla Daniels.  We sat close to the stage and got to interact with all of them.  The place was rocking! 

I even made a couple of short videos to give you an idea of their talents:

Mandy    https://youtu.be/q7CIxiq4YWM

Darla   https://youtu.be/5siT4NGFaW8  

And Don had to cancel our supper appontment, so that suited us well as we stayed and enjoyed the shows until late evening.  We ordered pizza from next door and shared some with Mandy who was starving.

Then, of course, I was up very late preparing these photos for you.   Mandy indicated that she liked one photo in particular so I prepared 3 versions for her...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Leo Martinez

Having fun

Bob was cutting a rug

Mandy arrives

Mandy posing for me

2-steppers

Friends Carrie & Shawna

Mandy performing





Mandy liked this one

Version 2

Version 3

Darla Daniels arrives & poses

Leo, Mandy and others

A newlywed couple

Darla is an amazing fiddler

Shawna, Carrie & Leo

Carrie & Shawna


Leo & Darla

Our friend Ann


What a great night!