Sunday, November 26, 2023

Sunday November 26, 2023 Whyte

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday November 26, 2023

Yes Virginia, I was up at 5:30am to watch the final Formula 1 race of the season from Abu Dhabi and was not disappointed.  It was a good race with minor bumps, but no yellow or red flags.  Verstappen was again unstoppable and his partner Perez came in second for Red Bull, allowed there by my guy Charles LeClerc of Ferrari, in a failed strategy to deny Mercedes second place in the Constructors' Championship.  Until next year guys!

I finished chores and had a good nap and a minor lunch.  In the afternoon I got cleaned up and stood outside in shorts and t-shirt for 5 minutes in 3C partially sunny weather.  That convinced me that I needed to get out of the apartment and get some air!

So I forced myself to ride alone to Whyte Avenue and Blues On Whyte, crossing the High Level over the North Saskatchewan and watching the ice chunks continue to flow by.

I sat through two enjoyable sets of our buddy Leo Martinez but gave up during the second break when Darla Daniels, the Metis fiddler, was late to start her set at 5pm.  She had not yet arrived, and Leo could not contact her, so my boredom was complete.  It was nice to enjoy the night lights of the city on the way home.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Tire strategies and picking up speed

These guys fly!

The High Level Bridge was shining in the PM sun

Ice flowing, same as last week

Leo even played a Spanish tune

An interested patron

Blues On Whyte

Whyte

The gal in the car was interested in my shooting