Saturday, November 25, 2023

Saturday November 25, 2023 Sound

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday November 25, 2023

The winter doldrums are hitting in force, with not much newsworthy happening on our front, so Blogs will likely be sparse and farther in-between...

Wednesday, Bob brought over a Canadian Tire flyer with a Honeywell air purifier on sale that he wanted to check out for specs, and competitors' pricing.  We did our due diligence to show that he had spotted a good choice.  Bob has no computer, etc, so I had to ascertain that the flyer only started on Thursday, so that meant that I had to wait until after midnight to order it to get the discount.  I would order it on my card, and he would pay me back.

Thursday morning I was up early, checking out the Black Friday sales and ordered Bob's air purifier at the discount, plus I ordered a baking pan for Don because he claimed that I over-cleaned his old relic and ruined the no-stick finish...

Then I noticed something on the flyer that said that if we spent over $300 before tax that we would gain $50 in Canadian Tire money!  We were so close, so it was like ordering something for free, so I ordered the last available same baking pan for myself, along with a metal yardstick.  These would be ready for pickup by 1pm, and Bob had made arrangements with Roy, another nice resident, to drive us.

I got an email from Best Buy about their Black Friday deals and I spotted something that I had been looking for, with $90 off.... a Samsung 300w Soundbar to hook to the TV along with a subwoofer!  I had a 150w soundbar in Colombia that was just adequate, and I knew that I needed more power.   I was so tired of straining to hear dialogue that I had been relying almost exclusively on captions to watch anything, and the captions usually covered the scoring information on the sports channels, so it was all very frustrating!  I ordered it online as well!

We gathered around 12:30pm and Roy stopped first at Best Buy for me because it was on the way, and the sound bar was ready and waiting for me.

We arrived at Canadian Tire after getting an email that the second cake pan was no longer available (because of pilferage apparently) so I was annoyed.  I went to sporting goods dept. to find some cute Binoculars from the same flyer marked down to $20 from $50, and came up front to pay cash for them, to get back over the $300 threshold...

Then the fun began!  The poor clerks explained that the $300 had to be ALL on one bill, not able to combine two online orders and a cash order....  so I was livid.  So the only solution was to return all the items, then but them back on one bill, which is what I did.  The ladies were really nice about it.  Now I have $54.61 more to spend at Canadian Tire....

I spent the rest of Thursday installing the new soundbar and enjoying the new sound.  I was thrilled that I could actually catch virtually all the dialogue now, even in the kitchen!

Friday, I did more fine tuning on it, checking on movies, music and sports... while I watched a bit with Bob.

Saturday, today, I slept in until 11:30am!!!  After chores, Don came down to see the soundbar and he was very impressed.  I actually found a sound setting that improved it all even more!  With 4 remotes competing for control, it has indeed been a learning journey, which I will most certainly forget by tomorrow..

I actually made a very short sound video to show you, but apparently it was 160mb, way too big to share here.... so I had to convert it to a smaller MP4 file.  I am sure that much of the quality that I am trying to show you will be lost....


I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Soundbar and subwoofer installed

I am just thrilled with it!

I can hear again!