Saturday, November 18, 2023

Friday November 17, 2023 Impulses

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday November 17, 2023

Thursday, I finally got a resaponse from the French lady from Quebec at FAFA that we had invited for a movie night back on Nov 9.  She claimed that she was incommunicado, out of town, driving a group...  So I checked again with Ghyslaine and we made the offer again for Saturday night.  I was quite shocked when she said that she would have to check with "her friend" and would get back to us on Friday...  She had said to Ghyslaine that she had no friends here, so this is why we were offering her an olive branch...

I had lunch at Bob's again, making a nice Sloppy Joe out of a meatloaf..  And I installed the doorbell that I had received from Amazon and he was very happy to have 2 receivers, one in the dining room, and one in the bedroom, because he is really deaf without his hearing aids.

Then I got a call from a nice lady at the French Club 50+, asking if I knew Ghyslaine, and if she wanted to go to their Christmas party Dec 15th or not, because there were only about 10 tickets left...  I already have my ticket bought and paid for.  I said that I would find out, but was unsuccessful in reaching Ghyslaine by phone, so I just paid for her membership and ticket as well.  Ghyslaine confirmed later that this was OK and that she would repay me.

This morning I was awakened by someone at the main door who did not respond so I knew that would be a silly deliveryman.  I waited a bit, no knock at my door, so I opened the door and, sure enough, the dummy just dumped the package at my door!  I hate the insecurity of that, but have yet to encounter any theft problems here.  It was my package of 5 long sleeved sports shirts, in different colours, and a purposely a tad large for me, which I like...

Then Bob was homeless temporarily with fumigators in his suite, so we went for a ride on our Gios, firstly to the main Library to retrieve my latest and last Conn Iggulden book called Empire, which probably will be the lead book of another series.

We continued to Kingsway Mall to poke around mainly Walmart because Bob gets water and a few sundries there.  Bob drives right into the store, I don't,.. because the turning radius is so horrible.   I went upstairs and found a balaclava to make riding on the Gio much warmer when the cold temperatures hit.

Then we rode around the mall looking for sunglasses for him when I spotted a Skechers store!  Trying to find their Slip-In shoes under $137 each had always been tough, and this store had a 50% off sale on a second pair!  So I paid $124 for the first pair and $55 for the second (was $110) so I was a happy camper to finally have some quick getaway shoes.  I am an impulse buyer and usually buy more than one of a good thing...

We spotted a KFC in the food court and both of us had not enjoyed KFC in over a year so we pulled in, ordered a 6-piece bucket and large fries and gravy take-out for about $32 and headed home.  What a disappointment that meal was with the pieces of chicken 1/2 the size we used to get, and at double the price!  And they didn't taste all that great either..... 

There was not much for sports on TV, even on my fancy IPTV in the afternoon, so I continued reading my other book by John Grisham, The Chamber.

I invited Don to watch UFC later, and then we watched a couple of Dirty Harry movies together.

I still have not heard from that silly French lady so movie night is no doubt off again....  I have no patience with rude people, so there definitely will not be a third time!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

5 shirts for $35

Book, balaclava and Skechers