Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Tuesday November 7, 2023 GIS

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Tuesday November 7, 2023

Monday morning I was awakened at 7:30am by a mistaken dial for a conference call from my friend in South Africa.  Then, 1/2 hour later I appeared to be added back to the private conversation with her daughter so I just took myself out without comment.

I have been so very tired lately that I slept virtually all afternoon.  But, at least, I woke up refreshed enough to tackle the 2022 income tax information forms requested by Service Canada to continue my GIS from last July...

In the evening there was nothing of interest on TV so I watched all 6 episodes that I had downloaded of the "Lioness" series which I really did enjoy.  Obviously there are more episodes for Season 1 so that will be my next order of business (if the internet speeds pick up).  This series is written by Taylor Sheridan who writes most of Yellowstone and a few others...  She is my kind of writer!

Today, I sleepily got myself together, bundled up too warmly for the -1C ride on the Gio to Service Canada at Canada Place.  I arrived around 10:15am and I stood in line for 25 minutes before dropping off the form at the front desk.  I asked them to deliver it to Carol, the last lady that helped me there, because I could not stay and wait.  The place was packed and line-ups were the same everywhere in the building.

But, I did remember the cheap Mr. Donair place on the level below, and had to try the $7.60 beef regular donair.  A person just cannot find donairs at that reasonable a price anywhere!  You can bet that I will be back there virtually every time I venture in that area..!!

Then I came home and slept some more but the neighbour upstairs was noisy, and I am still quite groggy.

I have written to the Manager here again about the sad internet speeds when we are paying for premium service.  He is usually pretty quick in having the techie from Quebec give me a call, but I am beginning to lose faith in getting reliable service.  The Speedtest indicates only 10mbps download and 7mbps upload, so they really suck...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Line-ups were horrible everywhere

This made the trip worthwhile!

I'll be ba-a-a-a-ck....