Saturday, November 18, 2023

Saturday November 18, 2023 More

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday November 18, 2023

I actually stayed in bed for 8.5 hours then did chores, and more impulse buying on Amazon, just because Kenny wanted a doorbell like Bob's and mine, so I did more shopping, getting a few more items I actually do need.

Since it was such a nice sunny day, Bob and I took the Gios to Whyte Avenue and we roamed a bit.  Crossing the river, I was shocked to see chunks of ice everywhere on the North Saskatchewan!

Bob bought new cheap sunglasses at Dollarama and I found some brushes to clean my drinking "barrel".  I saw a bulk store, so I impulsively stopped and bought sunflower seeds for the birds. 

We passed a Registry office that I did not expect to be open, but it was, with only 2 people in line, so I finally changed my address on my driver's licence (at a ridiculous cost of $28!).  Bob ordered a new Blue Cross card ($0 cost..???!!).  The lineup quickly grew out the door....

Then we headed to the south escarpment over the river to take pictures of downtown as we wound our way back.  The wind had picked up and the sun was very low, so we got cold very quickly.

Returning home was necessary because Don had promised to provide supper for us at 5pm.  That turned out to be 6:30pm, but the wait was worth it for BBQ'd ribs, potatoes, veggies, brocolli, homemade baked beans, and then apple pie and ice cream.  I can now roll around the apartment.

BTW, the French lady never did call or appear...  Some people simply have no couth or sense of propriety.

Us boys watched several hockey games and tonight promises to be a long one with the Formula 1 race at an ungodly 11pm...

I hope you enjoy the pictures (backwards again!).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Yes Virginia, that is ICE in the river.

Our lovely downtown.






A streetcar named....

For the birds...

We were 20 minutes late here.

Look at all the ice floating by!