Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Wednesday November 15, 2023 License Plate

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday November 15, 2023

Monday night I slept really well so I awoke bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and raring to go do my shopping on Tuesday.  I rode the Gio to Canadian Tire in the cool breeze at 4C to get hardware supplies for installing our new license plates on my Gio and Bob's.  I had ordered items online for pickup but then the buggars sent me a note back that one set of items were unavailable, so I just went to the proper aisle and did my own shopping and cancelled the online order.  This was a good thing, because I actually needed more slener bolts than I had originally ordered, plus the set of items I wanted were available!

I stopped at Save-On Foods on the way back for my groceries and, as always, I should not shop when I am hungry...  3 packages of $1.49 day special bacon came home, with a lot of other stuff....

I got a call from my aunt in Calgary who was enquiring about my sister's trip to Calgary that very night.   I advised her to contact my sister directly if they wanted to meet up for the few days my sister was in Calgary.

And Bob fed me a delicious maetloaf supper and we were fine until he lit a cigarette in my face and my allergy kicked in immediately.  I was out of there immediately, returning later for apple pie and ice cream...

Today, I finally set up my Voicemail on my phone and immediately regretted it, because it takes so much time and effort just to retrieve a message, and Bob calls so often and leaves long-winded stories.  So I just changed the message to say to just hang up and I would call them back.....

I had not slept well and got up from 4am to 8am to do chores, napped again from 8-9am, then called Bob and we went down to install the new license plates on the Gios.  I had found them online and made mine custom for the Whyte Ave Photos gig and it looks good and the QR code works, so I am happy.

I had showed the website to Bob, with its many options but he chose a generic one that suited his devil-may-care sense of humour, as you will see below....

The installation was awkward but I had the tools to get it done and we are both happy with the results, that is all that matters.

I came back upstairs and fried the $1.49 day special bologna for lunch with mustard...  I am the master of the 15-minute meal as I tell all my friends...  Then it was nap time for 3 hours, then I ordered doorbells from Amazon, and now it is time to make my salad before the Oilers play at 6:30...   Such is life in the fast lane...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

My plate positioned up high

This serves my purpose well

Bob's is positioned the same

Bob likes the laughs this will get him.