Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Monday November 13, 2023 Bob

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday November 13, 2023

Another bad sleep so I was dragging my butt all day, even though I got up before 6am and tried to nap again after chores.

I contacted Don to see if he was cooking supper today and he begged off, probably for the week.

Bob said that his son Dylan had called finally and wanted to come over and show off the Dodge Charger that he had bought, and he had OK'd that I come along for a brief drive, and then go for supper.  I felt very honoured to be invited along.

Dylan and his lovely wife Brooklyn picked us up at 4pm.  It was decidedly cool out with the breeze, and we drove to Whyte Avenue.  The Charger was impressive with its powerful V6 engine....  Dylan is definitely Bob's son, a definite chip off the old block in so many ways, not just the look and size.

We went to a restaurant near our usual Whyte Ave stopping spot, but had never eaten there.  The place was always busy in the summer, and had a crowd inside even at this early hour, so we were expecting great things, with very few menu items under $20.  Dylan and Brooklyn had tried many items on the menu before.  Bob and I decided to split a $20 donair, Dylan chose a hambuger, and Brooklyn ordered mac'n'cheese of all things.... 

Dylan is a Manager for 2 restaurants, so he is run a little ragged and is looking for other options for his life.  We chimed in with ideas for rewarding careers that might suit his skills and aggressive personality, with maybe paid training, etc.  Hopefully we gave him some useful ideas.

The food arrived and I looked in disbelief at the tiny portions for these expensive meals!  Our donair was way smaller than the donair last week at Canada Place Mr. Donair for $6.99!  They knew we were splitting it, bringing us 2 side plates, but they didn't even bother to cut it in half...  Even Dylan's $20 burger was smaller than a McDonald's Big Mac!  

We were happy at the suggestion to go to a nearby ice cream place that they said was the best in Edmonton because we were still starving.  I bought the desserts and honestly I could not finish the 2-scoop flavour waffle cone.  But, I did not say that the ice creams were also super disappointing as well after the big build-up.  Now we know 2 places to avoid....

We were driven home in time to catch the Edmonton Oilers game against the Islanders under their new head coach Kris Knoblauch and his new assistant, the legendary Paul Coffey.  It was so good to see the new coaches talking to the players on the bench and directing better play from them.  The changes worked, as a rejuvenated team effort garnered a 4-1 win to the delight of the fans.

Then it was bedtime as exhaustion hit and I slept like a log.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Dylan & Brooklyn

Dylan, Bob & Brooklyn

Big Bob being his goofy self