Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Wednesday October 4, 2023 Autumn

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday October 4, 2023

Monday was my sister Leonie's Birthday.  Happy Birthday young lady!

I finally managed to get my new Canadian Tire Triangle Rewards card linked to a physical card.  Since I do shop at CT and Mark's a fair amount, I may as well reap the rewards.

I went to No Frills for a few groceries, especially coffee and snacks.  I found a nice pork tenderloin too that accompanied me home.

Then I ran to the closest CIBC branch to make an appointment, only to find it closed for some new special interest holiday....  Grrrr...  So I continued to Save-On foods to get my veggies, etc.

Bob offered to make fish'n'chips for supper and I could not refuse.  I ate way too much of course.

Tuesday, I went to CIBC again in the afternoon to find a line-up to the door, and the receptionist at lunch for another 20 minutes, so I refused to wait.  Grrrrr

I finished the Conn Iggulden book "Dunstan" about an important historical figure partly responsible for the formation of England itself, who was apparently made a saint by the Catholic church.  The book, however, shows he was not a saint but an shrewd opportunist.  Again, very good reading.  I have lent it to Don as I have 10 days to return it.   And I am already 100 pages into "The Falcon Of Sparta".  Only one more of his books to go.... boo hoo.

I found out that a family member has Covid but thankfully they are strong enough to fight it, even though it makes them very sick still.

Today, I went to the CIBC again only to find no receptionist again, but there was zero line-up to the tellers and they were able to set up an appointment as I require for next week.

It was very windy today and not very warm, so the leaves were blowing everywhere.  I resolved to try to get some photos of the leaves being twirled about but was not very successful.

I asked 6 different people to join me for Wednesday Night Wings at Leopold's Tavern and nobody would come, so I went alone and enjoyed a pound each of lemon pepper, and salt'n'pepper wings.  I continued to watch the middle of the Blue Jays vs Minnesota Twins playoff, and finished watching that at home with Don.  The Blue Jays did a few things that I had always recommended, but still lost the series and their season is over.  They were just not good enough to beat the top teams all year.

Now I am listening to the Oilers vs Flames game on the radio happening here.  Very early, we are up 2-0.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Dancing leaves in the heavy wind






Construction may yet beat the snow?

TV ad with Penelope Cruz

Blue Jays coaches are stymied.

Edmonton in Autumn