Saturday, October 7, 2023

Friday October 6, 2023 Thanksgiving

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday October 6, 2023

Thursday, I got caught up on important paperwork and napped most of the day.  It was very cool out so I did not venture any further than the garage.

Don came by to help me eat an overload of salad and to watch some hockey.

Friday - HAPPY8th ANNIVERSARY to my lovely wife Cristina.  Even though we are 6,500 kms apart, we still communicate almost every day. 

Bob invited me for soup for lunch as he loves to cook and always makes so much.  His soup is so thick, it should rightfully be called a stew, and it is filling and delicious!

I picked up some good German wine to take with me on the LRT to my cousin Jeanne's place, having been invited to an intimate Thanksgiving gathering.  We were joined by her friends Ev and Meng, both lovely people.  Over a sumptuous chicken dinner with all the trimmings, we each gave our thanks for health, happiness, good friends and relatives.  Ev had brought a to-die-for fruit roll she had made, and Meng brought pumpkin pie and whipped cream.  I gave thanks for the delicious food and the full tummy.

Then we reminisced and solved the world's problems until 10:30pm when Meng insisted on driving me home rather than risk the LRT late at night.  I protested, to no avail.  So I worked on the photos once I got home and hit the hay, thankful and sated.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

I got my "doggie fix" with Suki

Ev is French, originally from Manitoba

The kitchen staff

Jeanne and Meng having a laugh

Ready to eat!

Yummy desserts!

Thanks Jeanne!

Meng is a good friend