Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sunday October 8, 2023 Whyte

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday October 8, 2023

Even upping the Melatonin isn't helping at all for sleeping.  Sheesh!  I went to bed at 11:30pm and was up at 3am.  Of course I had another 2-hour rest later.

Even the baseball is not very exciting without the Blew Jays, so Bob and I left at 4pm to go see Leo Martinez at Blues on Whyte at the Commercial Hotel.

As we pulled out of here, we went to check out the new mural that was installed on our east wall.  Last June, people were signed up to participate in painting the separate tiles.  I had been asked to photograph the activities but, unfortunately, that was the same time I had to be in Fernie, BC for the memorial service for Laurent, Cathy and Douglas.  The results is quite striking!  I wonder who first came up with the idea for these..???

We caught up with the High Level Bridge Streetcar on the way too.  That is always a pleasure.

It was 22C today so people were suntanning, biking in shorts, and much more, .....and even the ice creams shoppes were busy.

Leo had a guest guitarist named Brandon (I think) and he had a very deep singing voice which surprised us all.  

Around 7pm we made our exit as dusk was on us.  I caught a couple of nice shots as we crossed back over the High Level Bridge.  Then we came to my place and ate the leftover Meateor pizza from last night. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Really cool mural!

Bob and the streetcar

I guess they block the tracks from walkers...

See what is written above the headlight

Lovely vintage Indian Motorcycle

Alberta blue sky

Eating ice creams across the street

Leo needs new material

Sister

Brother

Papa

Brandon waiting with his cute girlfriend

People dancing

Brandon has a bass voice

Nice touch on the guitar!

A joke in the firetruck?

Dusk on the North Saskatchewan

Caught the LRT better in this shot...