Monday, October 16, 2023

Sunday October 15, 2023 Sports

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday October 15, 2023

Friday night, I got my wills signed and witnessed by Bob & Don as the documents needed updating slightly with my move to Edmonton.  That is another item off the to-do list...

Saturday, my only real duty was to get groceries, meaning basically just my salads and milk this time, but it is a known fact that we should never shop when we are hungry....  Mind you, I did behave myself pretty well.

There was supposed to be a mixed curling tournament starting today but I could not find TV coverage of it anywhere...  Drat!  So that got the wheels in my mind turning again...

The Oilers had gotten blown out 7-1 by Vancouver (ugh! yes, Vancouver...) on Wednesday and played the rematch on their home opener here.  Sloppy play and horribly bad decisions let Vancouver get away with another one, 4-3....  I want to jump in the dressing room and bang some heads...

Today, I got up late, did chores and actually cooked my favourite meal of fried hamburger, mashed potatoes (one-minute Idahoan will be my new go-to), sweet corn and bread and butter.....  And I have enough for tomorrow...  I am so proud of myself for getting out of my doldrums.  And I do need to get a good can opener.... 

I ran back to Save-On Foods because I was posistive that they had overcharged me on a large tube of lean ground beef when I was sure that the sign had read $6.99, but my bill said $11.94...  I was ready to raise a fuss until I saw the sign that said it was $6.99 a KG, down from $11.99 a KG....  Hmmmmm.  I will try not to make that mistake again....

I had consulted with my techno-geek younger brother because I want to return to some form of multi-multi-channel IPTV to get all the sports I want.  He gave me a contact for this for the service he has been happy with for years, and said that I would probably need an Amazon FireStick Max (not Max+).  So I went to Best Buy to consult with the people where I had bought my 65" Samsung Smart UHD 4K TV.  I even discussed trading in that TV for a QLED model with super-sharp picture that can handle bright room light (next to the window), but that soon became a non-issue.  My TV actaully has a very sharp picture and I am not displeased with it.  What I AM displeased with is the limited selection and blackouts of sports that I would like to watch live.  I had amazing, although jumbled, selection in Colombia on IPTV and hope to improve on that with my brother's contact.  I bought the Firestick...

I had almost lost track of time, but made it in time to go with Bob to Whyte Avenue again while the temperatures are still in the mid-teens C.  Our buddy Leo Martinez hosts the Jam on Sunday indoors now at the Commercial Hotel, so it makes for a nice afternoon.  There was a lady with a nice, pure voice signing when we got there, and she was followed by the couple Trevon and Kayla.  The crowd really appreciated the songs and musicianship of all involved.

We stopped to try to help 2 homeless people and bought another one supper on our way home.

We got home in time to catch the last few innings of the Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros game and Don came to join us.  Texas had beaten Toronto Blue Jays 4 straight games, in Toronto, almost knocking them out of their short 2-game wildcard playoff run, so I had picked them to win it all this year.  They won tonight again, so I just might be right on this one....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Hey, this bachelor can cook!

15C fall day

Looking back to downtown

Dancing to his ear buds

Good singer!  Name?

Trevon & Kayla

Leo Martinez



Big Bad Wolf




Briana Janvier

Briana Janvier

Hallowe'en setup on The Patio!