Thursday, October 12, 2023

Thursday October 12, 2023 Banking / Wills

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday October 12, 2023

Yesterday I went to Service Canada and waited for my angel Devina to be free to help me.  She was so fabulous to me last time that I wanted to stay with the same person.  She actually managed to print the forms expounding my, and Cristina's, incomes for the year 2021...  Is there any point wondering why they didn't want 2022???  Only The Shadow knows....   I managed to get Cristina's signature affixed to the forms and now I have to fill it in when I am clear-headed.  Maybe tomorrow.  I have yet to figure out how to make an appointment ahead of time.

I was still a little under the weather from the Covid and Flu shots but a nap and a shower really helped.

So, Wednesday night was Wing Night at Leopold's Tavern so I was joined by a delightful lady and we had a drink and wings and tried to talk over the loud music.  That is a nice way to spend a Wednesday.  The Caesar drink seemed to take away any Covid shot pain...

Today, I had Bob for lunch to finish his chicken dinner leftovers.  That certainly helps the pocketbook when a dinner lasts 2 people 2 full days, but I am definitely tired of chicken for a while.

I had another long nap to be clear-headed to deal with an appointment at CIBC at 5pm to begin a new joint account with my daughter as signatory.  It obviously didn't help much as I realized as soon as we hit the bank that I had left all my ID, wallet, glasses, etc at the apartment.  A fast drive in the car there and back and we were only 4 minutes late.

There are so many factors to consider when wanting to actually change accounts, especially direct deposits of pensions, income tax, etc, Paypal, and the outgoing automatic payments like the rent...

The CIBC gal was in no hurry and was very helpful, and I could have kissed her when I found that I did not have to change Debit or Credit cards!  Only later did I realize that I had to ask her to change the cards to work with the new account only...

I have already written my accountant, changed Paypal, notified the Manoir for the rent, .....and tomorrow I will tackle Service Canada for the pensions.  Both those bank accounts will remain open until everything settles right for the new account.

And since both Bob and Don were stopping at my apartment, I printed off my updated Will and Living Will for them to witness.  Another chore done!

No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.