Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday October 13, 2023 Success?

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday October 13, 2023

I had a fitful sleep again and probably would have stayed in bed at 7:30am if I had known it is Friday the 13th..!

I now have a magpie visiting my feeders regularly.

But I had to fill out that form for Service Canada by matching details from my 2021 tax return and that was best done early before the mind got cluttered.  It was 3C and I needed 2 mugs of coffee to keep going...  The next thing to add to that package was a letter to explain our situation as "Married, but living apart due to circumstances beyond our control".  That took a while, 2 tightly-spaced pages explaining only the basics, and looked at the time.  It was already 11:05 and I had to be downstairs in 10 minutes..

At 11:15am was a gathering for the ribbon-cutting for our new mural that residents and school children from across the street collaborated on.  Joining us was the local Liberal MP Randy Boissoneault, the French Association President and a priest.

There was an indoor ceremony to explain the meaning of the mural, from roots, branches, rocks and people to show the evolvement and vision of the community.  The artist himself spoke how they did a mural for the 100th anniversary of the school across the road with the help of some of our seniors.  It was then that he found out that a few of our seniors had actually attended that school, so history was reversing itself.  

The MP led the children in singing O' Canada in both official languages (I still growl at the changes in the words) before we went outside into the crisp air for the ribbon-cutting, which thankfully was done quickly....  Then there was free food and music inside again which I skipped.

 

I returned upstairs to finish my letter to Service Canada and put the package together along with the request to change my bank information.  I showered, bundled up, and went on the Gio downtown.  After dropping off my last 2 Conn Iggulden books at the Library I went to the next block to Canada Place and the Service Canada office.  I groaned when I saw the place packed and almost every chair occupied...  The lineup though was small and my angel Devina was temping at the front desk!  What luck!  She had me wait a short time and then a lady named Carol helped me.

I showed Carol my documents and my letter and she had me fill out a specific form to explain the marriage situation again with a 1" x 2" box for the explanation..... Yeah, right!  She said that it was OK to attach my letter.  Whew!!  Then she changed my banking information in a flash and I was smiling and happy.

Now, I am back home, finally eating my only meal of the day, my tasty salad.  I don't know that I dare nap this late but man, am I beat!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Part of the gathering, including school kids

MP Randy Boissoneault on the right



The artist Lavoie



Randy leading O' Canada

Poster of our Mural

The actual Mural ribbon-cutting


Blessed by a priest

Indoor festivities

Some of the food and drinks available