Monday, October 9, 2023

Monday October 9, 2023 Thanksgiving

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday October 9, 2023

An anomaly has me baffled....  Increasing from 3mg Melatonin to using 9mg at night has not helped one iota,.... so I took only a 3mg pill again last night and slept 11pm to 7:30am, then dozed until almost 10am!!!!  

Bob made Thanksgiving chicken dinner for us, with Ukrainian trimmings and I contributed some German wine.  He filled our plates to overflowing and I took half of that back home for eating lunch tomorrow!  Looking forward to enjoying that again!

Then Bob and I decided to take advantage of the warm 23C weather and get outside so we went back to our haunt on Whyte Avenue.  A day like today was perfect in almost every way and the people were friendlier than ever, not a surly person anywhere,... all thankful on this amazing day for the blessings we have....  And I got to interact with several dogs today to get my doggie fix.

There was a fundraiser at the Commercial Hotel for WIN House (a refuge for battered women) so we contributed generously to that and enjoyed the music until it got too loud and we made our exit....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Our local entertainment

I am the only one with fans and birdfeeders

A glorious 23C day..

The message for today

Bob's carving

Looking across the river valley

The High Level Bridge is our thoroughfare

2 kayakers way below...

A 50 year-old Triumph

Look at the speakers on this beast!

Large groups wandering today in the warmth.












Without my make-up

LOVE this helmet!

Fundraiser for WIN House

Many bikes this aft

Lambo #1

Lambo #2

Friendly dogs

Thanks for letting us interact!