Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday Sept 17, 2018 Welding


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that Google is sending emails to any prior subscribers, so maybe, just maybe, they have finally solved their problems????
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday Sept 17, 2018
The Movistar guys were here early and got everything running.  We have TV and the sporadic internet.  Maybe it is just my computer that is doing the slowdown with downloading photos, I don't know, because that doesn't need internet...
Cristina says that our landline is only for local Andalucia calls which makes it less than useless.  Jeepers, can't we even call her sister 8 kms away in Tulua??
I did my final class at driving school so now she says that she needs to schedule my first exam and will let me know in the next couple of days.
Cristina insisted that we run to the Fiscalia (public prosecutor) about Christian's death again.  I had to leave her there so I could run back to sign out of class.
Carlos and I did measurements for the proposed front awning and he ran out to get the steel.
Then Cristina returned and had me print up a letter to the Prosecutor that she said that we had to deliver today, so back we went to Tulua.  This time she was able to get right in so it did not take long.  Now we wait some more to find out what really happened.
We came back and stopped to see Carlos' Mom so I could drop off the more than 2,000 songs that I put on a memory stick for her.  She likes the country tunes in particular.
Carlos came back to the house with his heavy welder carried on a horse cart.  He said that that cost about $1.75, and the guy helped carry it to the back yard.
Carlos had already cut the pieces for 5 braces that needed welding so he got to work.  This is going to be a long awning so I am insisting that it be solid and reflective, to keep the morning sun at bay.
Princesa got in my bad books tonight, barking at someone on the street with the other dogs then turning and barreling into my new fan, sending it to the hard floor and causing the blades to smash.  I am not a happy camper about that.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
A finished brace

Working on the next one

These long pieces will hold the metal awning