Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wednesday Sept 26, 2018 The Ramp


TRY SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT AGAIN > > > >
It appears that it is working again.  THANK YOU all for your patience and support.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday Sept 26, 2018
The day belonged to building a ramp to the backyard, next to the new BBQ patio.  Naturally Carlos always underestimates on the needs so we had to do more waiting on more gravel and cement.  I am normally a pretty good judge of distance, speed, level, upright, and volume.  It is becoming a running joke when I keep telling him "You need more", and I am always right (It's a curse, I know..).  Since it is uneconomical to buy a small load of gravel we ordered the same amount as last time.  This time, they listened to me and shoveled at least half of it direct into the wheelbarrow saving Carlos a lot of work.  And we decided that the storage pile would be next to the back stairs, so it was quick to dump.  We got done about 4:30 and covered it up to keep the dogs off.  So far so good.
The fellow from HomeCenter actually came to set up the BBQ itself and he actually had an electric screwdriver… smartest contractor in this area!  Now we just need a gas tank (no more than 80% full according to the safety instructions.
Little Nina proves to be a ton of fun and amazement.  She is only a footlong hotdog but eats and poops like Turi, but five times more often.  And the little sh*t actually climbed the short screen on the lavanderia door and got through the bars!  Only Negrita managed that once before.  So…  I added to the screen....  Take that Houdini....
We also slipped to the cemetery for a bit.  The contractors were adding ceramic tile around that new crooked mausoleum they built.  I wouldn’t hire those characters to build a doghouse.
Rain is threatening and we hope it cools things down.  It should not hurt the concrete which should be set enough by now to withstand a wet sheet on it.  However it looks like it is bypassing us..
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
$20 to put the BBQ together..  Worth it!

Starting the ramp concrete

I knew he didn't have enough material for all this...

Screen halfway up the door better keep the escape artists where we want them

Finished with "no slip" pattern made by a broom

Ready to BBQ

Even paint can't hide "crooked"