Monday, October 23, 2017

Monday October 23, 2017 Camera



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday October 23, 2017

We were both running to the IESS hospital this morning.  I had told Cristina that she could go for her blood test at 6am and it would be good to go early because Monday morning lineups are horrific.  She didn't listen and left the house about 6:40.  

I left at 6:45 and waited in line to get my doctor's appointment.  About 7:15 I passed her in a line-up with about 75 people ahead of her.  I saw my Doctora Molina and got a one month prescription for the 300mg Gabapent.  They donj't give a 3-month supply anymore because they can't keep drugs on the shelf..  We waited 3 weeks for them to get in a new supply.  Then it was strange because I was certain that they wanted to cut the dosage, but obviously not..

I went back around 7:45 and watched as Cristinawas just getting to the head of the line so I waited for her and the blood tests did not take long.  Then we walked over to the Cardiology department for her appointment for the heart tests.  There was a lot of people there so I thought it was going to be longer than I could wait so I left.

I had an appointment at 9am with Victor to go renew my registration (Matricula) for Buzzer.  He had sent me a list that showed that it was going to cost $110 but, in typical Ecuadorian fashion, he never told me everything up front.  He was also uncharacteristically late so we didn't get away until 9:30.

Believe me, doing this process is nothing I would ever tackle alone, because in typical Ecuadorian fashion, this process is totally nonsensical and would frustrate even the calmest person...  First we have to drive miles to the east to Capulispamba to a place hidden down a dirt road where the lineups of cars and drivers is incredible.  This process involves getting vehicles over 2 years old an inspection, which I luckily do not have to do, but... I do have to pay for it as if I had done the inspection just to get a little piece of paper that says it is roadworthy...  Then you go from window to window lineups, then run across the road for copies (Ecuador is so ridiculous for that) and go to more windows.  I have at least 4 receipts totalling $125.62.  But we are not through yet...

When we get home we have to go to the EMOV website and enter all our information (the system has been told that we have paid) to request the actual Matricula renewal annual document.  The Matricula itself says it expires in Nov. 2020 but you must have this white renewal page every year.  Well the system is down and we can't do it so Victor offers to do it from his place, so Victor gets a big tip...  I get an email from EMOV this evening saying we are good to go..  But, we are not done yet...  I still have to pick up that white renewal from the EMOV branch in the parking garage at Parque De La Madre in 2 days, and bring copies of the Matricula and my original Cedula...  In Canada a registration renewal is done at many places and would take about 10 minutes, not counting any inspection...  I just HATE anything to do with Government here and their mind-boggling processes spread out in places you can't find.  Ugh....

Yesterday while at the ACT play I got an offer I could not refuse...  Ray Lewis offered me a Canon camera that he does not use for free.  So today I made arrangements to stop by in the late afternoon, after a rainstorm.  I just got to their gorgeous condo in the west end and it started to rain again.  It turns out that the camera is a Sony A100 but came with oodles of accessories, 2 lenses, wide angle converter, 3 tripods, slave flash and 2 batteries, all in a beautiful camera bag....  I was flabbergasted at the amount of stuff.  Ray said that it was old and he never used it so he would be happy just to see someone be able to make use of it.  Hey, as long as the batteries will hold a charge, I will try it out for sure..  THANK YOU RAY!

I stayed a while and we caught up on things as I waited for the rain to quit.  After a while the greay disappeared but I could still hear the noise of the rain so we chatted some more.  Then it finally dawned on me that I was hearing the noise from the Tomebamba below, not the rain so I bid my Adieus.

I jumped on Buzzer and headed west.  As soon as I hit Las Americas and I got caught in a squall which didn't quit until I got to Totoracocha.  My pants were soaked as were my boots and socks.  Thank God for my rainproof Herederos jacket and the full helmet.


I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
A view form the terrace looking West from Ray & Linda's

And a second shot.

Just some of the camera equipment!