Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday October 27, 2017 Vega



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday October 27, 2017
This morning I rushed to do most of my chores before accompanying Cristina to see the Oncologist, Dra. Daisy Pesantez.  The good news is that all her tests look OK now and the tumor is probably benign.  Now we have to wait 14 days to see her again along with the surgeon, Dr Ortiz on Nov 10.  Hopefully then we will have a quick surgery date and Cristina will get her wish for a full hysterectomy...  Prayers everyone please.
Then I forwent my Physio because Cristina desperately wanted to go to the Vega Friday sale to pick up some dishes for Christian.  We actually stopped in El Centro to meet Cecilia and we went in her truck.  I am not patient with slow shoppers.  There is only one room with stacks of seconds and limited choices.  I am a typical "ask for it, look at it, and just buy it and get out" kinda guy.  I would have had my picks within 10 minutes...  So I mostly baked outside for an hour waiting.
Then Cecilia said she needed to buy wine at the mercado on 10 de Agosto, so I directed her to the Mercado 27 de Febrero which is the only mercado on that road.  No.... She wanted to go to the mercado called 10 de Agosto... big difference, so we wound our way back to El Centro and Calle Larga.  We sat under a huge No Parking sign while she ran to get the wine.  I gave her money for the wine for using their gas to drive us along.
We actually then took our leave so she could run and pick up her younger daughter getting out of school.  It is the older daughter's birthday tomorrow (17th) so some of the wine is apparently for the cake.  We got a late invitation but we are already committed to go to Joes' tomorrow.
Cristina and Christian wanted to go to Tia and I only wanted to eat...  I went into this little place next to Tia that had a hot dog and glass of coconut juice for $1, or a salchipapa with coconut juice for $1.  I was so hungry that ordered one of each..  It was busy and I was occupying a table for 4 along with Cristina's backpack.  A young brother and sister team just sat opposite me and then actually wanted to practice some English.  It was kinda cute, and the boy helped me eat the reat of my fries.
I met Cristina at the Tia and she asked if I wanted a chocolate bar she was showing me.  I said yes, so she got my cedula and gave it to Christian to pay.  Now I was craving chocolate.  We get on the bus and Cristina asks for the chocolate.  Christian says "what chocolate?"..  So the bars are still on the counter at Tia..  We get to our bus stop and I am still craving chocolate so I go to the closest tienda and spy the ice cream chest.  I end up buying a batch of "politos" for $0.25 each, and they are a cute size.., actually a baby Revello that we always enjoyed as kids.  That satisfied the chocolate craving. It is amazing that we can still get a 10c ice cream and a 25c Revello.
Now all I can think of is a nap...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Vega's factory on Isabela La Catolica

This is just part of the monstrous warehouse

Some very colourful stuff for sale.  These are the seconds.

The shoppers trying to find matching pieces

Lots of seconds for sale on Fridays

This was in part of the new section

It is amazing the amount of space they have

One of the flowers outside

And another.

This is a 25c Revello - delicious!