Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wednesday October 25, 2017 Sony



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday October 25, 2017
Cristina's son, Christian, finally arrived at 4am this morning still smarting from the border ordeal.  So I walked the dogs an hour earlier at 4:30.  Christian brought a lot of goodies for us that we ordered from Colombia and Cristina was thrilled to look through all that stuff.  Her closets are already bulging.
I went to Physio again this morning and had the new blind guy for the massage,  It turns out that his name is Rolando which is not a common name here.
From there Cristina had me pick up her cardio results which apparently look good so we are hopeful that Friday's doctor's appointment will mean a quick surgery date.
After almuerzo I jumped on Buzzer and headed for Carolina Bookstore to trade 6 books for 7.  I grabbed all Jack Higgins' books again this time and I should be OK for a while.  He is a good author and easy reading for me.  I also left some of the OBG posters at 3 locations near there so hopefully we will get a lot of registrations in this last week before the dance.
Then we all crashed to recharge our batteries and I was the first one to arise from the dead.  Cristina and Christian wanted to go downtown to El Centro to wander and have an ice cream but today's afternoon rain put that off until tomorrow.
I dragged out the Sony A100 that I was given by Ray Lewis and decided to see how it works.  For the first batch of pictures I couldn't figure out why the photos were coming out so dark..  Then I started to clean it and realized that it still had a Polarizing Filter on it, so I switched that to a UV filter.  Anyway, the bottom line is that it takes some pretty decent shots which gave me something to play with, as you will see below.  I am always amazed at how I take a pretty ordinary, but well-composed, shot and really make something artful with it by jumping from PhotoShop to Smart Photo Editor..  Comments??
My niece will finally get some disability payments coming from the Alberta AISH 7 years after her horrific accident.  She will then come back for a short visit to Ecuador before going back for the arbitration hearings to finally settle that claim in December.  Then hopefully settlement can come quickly from this year's accident....  We are happy that something is finally breaking loose for you Dawn, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Then I get an email from temporary expats from Toronto, Frank and Rita Chin, offering to mule in some items I might want.  It didn't take long to come up with a short list of necessities that are difficult to get here and I didn't want to burden them too much.  Thinking about it now, I am just craving hot pepperoni sticks that we can't get here..... A whole suitcase full please, lol.
Tomorrow I am having a local realtor, Ecuadorian, come and see the house.  I am getting more and more serious about getting to Colombia, probably Manizales..
Hugs to everyone..
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Buddy is up for adotion.  Photoshopped pic.

Buddy pic after using Smart Photo Editor

Cristina, Buddy and Jack

Sacking out in the afternoon

The Sony takes nice landscapes...

The bear after PhotoShop 2

The original shot PhotoShopped

 
Smart Photo Editor really smartens it up

Zoomed out at the pigeons waiting for Cristina to feed them

Love this artwork I bought

Smart Photo Editor

PhotoShopped a crooked shot

Buddy sleeps a lot

One of our carvings on the wall

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6
My little Rumpot

Smart Photo Editor is just amazing

This all started from a very ordinary snap of Mariposa

Jack would appreciate Smart Photo Editor's capabilities.

Jack is also up for adoption.  Anyone??