Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday November 16, 2016 Panoramas



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Wednesday November 16, 2016
The Super Moon of Monday night was exceedingly bright but it certainly didn't seem any bigger to me.  I didn't see what all the fuss was about, but there were all kinds of people trying to take shots of it.  The only way I could get a decent shot was to up the shutter speed to the 1/2500th of a second range, and that really surprised me.  People say we didn't get the "huge" moon effect because we are so close to the equator....
We have started doing our shopping at Coral on Wednesdays because vegetables are 15% off and then we get a 5% discount on everything if we use our Banco Del Austro debit card.  When the weekly bill is $90 to $100, every little bit helps.
I then tried to contact Multimotos to see if I could see my new scooter, without success.  They had told me 3 days to bring it in then 3 days for the Matricula paperwork, and today was the 6th day.  So I just rode up there on Toxic only to be told that they had transport problems and Banana (the new bike) won't be here until Friday late afternoon.   Now they say it should be ready by next Tuesday....  I am not really in a hurry, I just don't like the Ecuadorian style of telling you what they think you want to hear.  I really don't expect to be able to pick it up until next Thursday now....
I rode home again but decided not to go in.  It was just too perfect a day to spend it inside.  So instead, I rode right past and headed west up the Autopista with the big camera.  I decided to take a few series shots and make panoramas when I got home.  I went up to Turi and then continued on that road until I came out at 12 de Octubre.  Braking on steep declines on gravel roads is hard on the arms.  I was glad to get back on the pavement but it is amazing what you can see when you get off the beaten path.
So far, knock on wood again, Mariposa has been without any hemorrhaging problems and is seemingly back to almost normal.  TG.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunset Nov 11

Super Moon Nov 14

Super Moon Nov 14

Pano #1

Our beautiful Cuenca

Pano #2

Immaculate Conception zoomed in from Turi

Turi church

Looking right down Solano

Zoomed in a bit

Immaculate Conception, El Centro

Pano #3

What a great day!

The huge prison behind Turi

Cuenca as seen from above Mall de Rio


Pano # 4