Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday November 11, 2016 Issues



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Friday November 11, 2016
We remember.
Last night's Herederos ride got really rained out.  It really poured and perked up all the dry greenery around here.  I wish I had had my camera with me to capture the beauty of the backlit rain by the setting sun when I hurriedly walked the dogs.
I know there are many silly theories, mostly religious numerology, about the strangeness of waking, and looking at the clock, and it reads exactly 3:33am, almost every time.  For some folks it is 2:22 or 4:44, or derivatives.  I tried to look up the significance of it but any answers I read were just so much superstition.
Since we couldn't walk the dogs last evening I wasn't surprised that they were glad I was awake early.  Then Mariposa, who had been good for almost 36 hours, started the nasal hemorrhaging again,.. not really gushing, but still it is always a concern.  Soaking a little gauze in Hydrogen Peroxide seems to help a lot once the blood flow is pinched off.  This all started November 1, and we have had several vet visits, spent about $200, and it is still not resolved.  It makes it very hard for us to be able to leave the house together, somebody has to watch all the time.
So I walk the other 2, Princesa and Turi and allow accidents for poor Mariposa.  We don't want to let her out because it almost always gets her excited and triggers another episode.
At 4am it is relatively quiet and the guy who lives closest to the traffic circle sets up his little drink stand and does a roaring business with all the traffic going by, taxis, buses, school buses, work trucks and individuals.   I could be wrong, but I think there is a touch of alcohol in those drinks, so I am surprised he is allowed to do this every day.
The rain had quit by 4am but it did rain a little later, before I had to leave the house..
I zipped out to SRI in really heavy traffic to deliver my pricey receipts for October where we obviously did some heavy spending.  I was seated at 8:33, second in line, and was out at 8:43.  I asked the guy about a receipt I got yesterday, where the clerk mistakenly showed the month as 10 instead of 11.  He said that I am supposed to go back and make him correct it.  Yeah right, like I am going to do that....!  However, because of problems with many receipts, we should all be more vigilant and read them before we leave the store to stop such problems.
Riding back, I had a craving for a real American/Canadian breakfast and could not think of anyplace nearby that could satisfy this craving.  Then the light bulb went on.  Hey, I have a 1/2 pound of smoked Canadian back bacon in my freezer, brown range-free eggs, and bread...  I was salivating all the way home and devoured everything in record time.
Since last night the computer has been horribly slow even though I could access my emails and my banking info.  Yet I could not get FaceBook to load, nor even the Speedtest to see if that was the problem.  I couldn't get my photo upload sites to load properly either.   It is so very frustrating when we depend on the computer so much to be able to do our work and keep in contact with folks. It didn't clear up until about 10am.  I just did the Speedtest and it appears that all is back to normal, ... we hope.  
I am trying to give away my old printer and people have said that they want it, but they don't come to pick it up.  People sure are strange in this town.
Sorry there are no photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al